ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any painters

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have my roof scoop painted with rattle cans Hycote white primer Hycote florescent orange and a acrylic lacquer but after a couple of years it looks like a tortoise shell, all my badges and mirrors are painted the same way and they are fine so I assume it is the fibreglass.
The paint or paint and lacquer seems to have shrunk.
Anybody got any suggestions, could a florescent orange be sprayed by a bodyshop as the paint I used is more like a powder?
IMG_5429.JPG
IMG_5430.JPG

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's just reaction mate on the paints. Happens a lot with that type of job. Rattle cans etc.

Simple buff completely back. Re-prime and paint is required.

Heat can bring the cracking etc to the fore.

Fibreglass reacts different to plastics.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, would it make any difference if it was done by a bodyshop and would they be able to get a close match with the paint, or would it just end up going like that again?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No if it's done by a bodyshop and stripped back it should not react. If they don't offer to strip all the paint off then avoid. It's the only way really to rectify it.

Colour match shouldn't be an issue for a proper bodyshop especially as you know what colour it was painted.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Yea rattle can Andy job that lol. Paint shrinks when it's fully cured and aerosols are the works it's just reactions within the 1pack paint. Plus like rally said fibreglass doesn't act like plastic it expand and contracts with heat. Stipped back primered and painted with proper 2k paint will sort it then stay away from hycote rattle cans