ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any recommendations for a car cover?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi due to my current situation my Clio (182) is going to going unused for some time... I'm thinking of chucking a car cover over it whilst the weather's so crap. I can see some quite cheap ones on eBay but is it worth paying more for something better?

Also, what else is it worth doing... perhaps removing the battery and keeping it on a trickle charge?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
My car has always lived under a cover.
Do not put a thin cover on the car as it will wear the paint away and scratch it.

I had a cover zone cover on mine for about 4 year's which has mirror pockets.
The bird's pecked at it so I've now got a £50 from Halfords which isn't as thick or has the mirror pockets but it will do for now.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Beware of the lack of breathability of cheap covers, and lack of UV resistance and lack of UV blocking.( the 1*2 has lots of plastic parts, vulnerable to UV degradation). A good cover should also be tailored for the specific car
model

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting thread, also looking at purchasing one of these as my project car is going away to be stored, keeping the paint pristine isn't an issue as it is going to paint once it comes back out of storage, but it may be worth buying a better cover for the future

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I got the one from Halfords in the end btw, it's good. Been going some round here recently with mega winds but hasn't been flapping about making noise or anything.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone bought one from Argos?,thinking of getting one to,as where my allocated parking space is now its in the corner under some trees,soo birds s**t and tree sap :( :down:

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I got one from ECP & happy with it!.its good quality.
IMG_0025.JPG

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you get one that has straps that go under the car to keep it on. The one I have doesn't and it is a right pain, to the point where I didn't bother using it. Saying that it wasn't an expensive one.

I jave also put one of those dehumidifier crustal boxes things that collect water inside the car, just to help keep the damp away from the inside when it isn't being used.

Make sure you get one that has straps that go under the car to keep it on. The one I have doesn't and it is a right pain, to the point where I didn't bother using it. Saying that it wasn't an expensive one.

I jave also put one of those dehumidifier crustal boxes things that collect water inside the car, just to help keep the damp away from the inside when it isn't being used.
That's a nice idea actually, cheers.

Yeah get one with the straps etc, they really work when it's windy. I have this one, only ever used it a few times (pic from years ago)
myv66.jpg