ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody know a Scott Robertson?

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Long story short, pretty sure I've been ripped off by Scott Robertson purchasing an Oreca Group N.

He's from Littlehampton, West Sussex. Not sure if that's SE or South Central TBH.

He relisted the Oreca that I was watching, so made him an offer which he accepted. He closed the listing after I paid for the exhaust on Friday 2nd August.

The eBay profile I bought the exhaust from was called "neilandchristinerobertson" pressumabley his parents, as his email suggests he was born in 1994.

So yeah, anybody know a Scott Robertson, who owns a 172, with an Oreca Group N, who lives in Littlehampton and his parents are called Neil and Christine? Cos he owes me an exhaust....

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Paypal dispute, and the Police.

Aye, I've emailed him and messaged the eBay account threatening this earlier today. Paypal dispute and the po po for fraud.

The eBay profile has some negative feedback for taking forever to post things out, so I'm hoping it's that really.

Last edited:

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
85.7% positive feedback.

I pressume he is using his mother and father's eBay account. Have found a Christine Robertson and a Neil Robertson who live at the same address in Littlehampton. If I sign up to 192.com then I can find out their full address.

Suppose I'll just have to submit the Paypal dispute.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Paypal claim opened. Will escalate it to a claim if I don't hear back within 48hrs.

Fed up of scamming cnuts. Got scammed by that AP182 on here too.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I got his address down to Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17

The only info on eBay is the town and county. Not sure how to check on Paypal TBH.

GTD, Lupo
Ewwww he lives in LA good luck!

I would have stopped at the 85% feedback! Hope you get it sorted!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
All resolved now.

Opened a Paypal dispute and within the hour I had a refund. If only he was so prompt with his delivery/communication. F***ing satchel.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
It wasn't Paypal who refunded me, as it was only a dispute. The seller opted to refund me to resolve the dispute and it took him an hour to do so.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I really dont understand why people even bother doing that.. scam you but then as soon as you open a claim, which your obviously going to do, he refunds you?

Hes gained nothing but a bad name from it, brilliant scammer!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That's good. Preying on people who don't bother. Not exactly rocket science to open a dispute anyway.