ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fancy helping me wrap my ph1?

Ph1 T
Going to be wrapping my ph1 in next month so was wondering if anyone who has done any before or is decent at it fancys giving me a hand..

will obviously give you some ££ for the help anyone interested let me know :)

Dan

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
The front bumper and the mirrors I had to paint as they would not wrap properley. Check out my old progress thread for my black phase 1 that i had wrapped.

Ph1 T
Serious? I actually would mate then you could have been part of making the nicest ph1 on here ;) (joking) lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
yeah go for it :) when will you be getting the wrap?

*do i need a lot of experience? ive only wrapped a few bits before and i sort of know what im doing. should be easy enough with two of us :p

Ph1 T
The company I spoke to sent me 2 samples out yesterday orange and baby blue so I'll be choosing over next few days what colour I'm going for, so I'm hoping to have the wrap on about 2 weeks,,

Youve probably done more of it than me tbh mate I've done bits and bobs but nothing this big,, sure it can't be too difficult :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
When you do it, try get plenty photos and details on the harder parts to do.

I would like to wrap mine sometime!

RS200 & PH2 172
If ya want an extra pair of hands I don't mind coming over to chester and helping you guys, am wanting to wrap my front blade on the 200 so would be interested in seeing how easy it is. And many hands make light work :)

Clio 172
Too far from me. but good luck with it.

Have a look at some guides on the internet and just lay out the whole sheet on the panel and start stretching and peel and flattening.

It's a pain in the arse and I had no experience before doing it and I did my wing mirrors etc pretty easy. Just get yourself a heat gun, but don't overstretch the wrap.

There were time when me and my mate just wanted to give up it was silly! But we carried on and if you take your time over it you can get a really good finish, its the edges/joins/cut outs you really want to take your time over as they will stand out when you see the finished result.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
This could end in tears.

I can see a thread up soon... I dropped the Stanley knife and will it buff out...

Don't do it chief!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why put him off, I know proper numpties who wrap. you have to learn sometime. It's not a Bentley.

Ph1 T
I think it's worth a go mate you never know it might turn out mint and have a real knack for wrapping never know till tried it,, also if it's s**t which I don't think it will I'll take it off,

Trust me mate I wont roll around in a tatty looking car :) come to a meet after Xmas and tell me it's s**t ;) and I'll chuck your battery in boot for you too :p

RS200 & PH2 172
I've got a couple of "demo" heat guns here at work that could bring over if ya need them mate. I really want to wrap my roof but am a short fat arse so can't really reach lol