ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That's shite, desperately need a new phone as my 7 barely recognises touch! Was planning on waiting a few months for the 8 but next year?!

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Be good if they released some information but at the moment all seems a bit in the dark.
Thought they would want to get the feelers out there early.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not really apples style to leak info early, they want the wow factor at the release event.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They don't tell anyone anything early. They never ever have. It one of the cool thgings about Apple years ago. These days you know months in advance.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My contract is up for renewal around the time that the new phone will be released. I was looking to upgrade to the new phone but unless it's something amazing, I think I'll keep my 6S and get a sim plan

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah i'm on a sim plan, something like £16pm with 12gb data, unlimited texts/calls and Sky go. Considering not getting the newest phone (£50+per month) and sticking with this sim contract..

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yeah i'm on a sim plan, something like £16pm with 12gb data, unlimited texts/calls and Sky go. Considering not getting the newest phone (£50+per month) and sticking with this sim contract..

Who's that with?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Vodafone, been with them for ages though so managed to haggle it. It's 14GB not 12 too!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Rumoured mock ups from leaked cad designs... I don't like it.
21362-24307-bgr-iphone-8-mockup-3-l.jpg

21362-24306-bgr-iphone-8-mockup-1-l.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When is it likely to be released?

My current iPhone 6s or whatever it is, is absolutely mullered!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Usually end of September, but a lot of places seem to be suggesting a 7s then the 8/x coming a few months later.
Also rumoured to be a higher cost circa £800 and bundled with there wireless headphones... all rumour of course.

An orange one
I find it really hard to get excited by new phones now,

Totally happy with my 6S, can't wait till my contracts up so I can roll sim only.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I find it really hard to get excited by new phones now,

Totally happy with my 6S, can't wait till my contracts up so I can roll sim only.

I'm still doing SIM only with my 6 Plus! Just haven't seen the need to change yet.
I'm hoping that this'll be it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Another SIM only member here! Sign of the times I think. My iPhone 6 has crawled to a halt though so looking forward to getting the new one... going to hold out until early next year though as only just bought a new computer.

Phone looks nice but we have got to the stage where everything looks pretty much same. Everyone is moving the home button and going for the taller ratio screens.

I will probably get one lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've just decided to only upgrade the iOS once on my iPhone 7, as generally the second upgrade kills the phone, then I'll keep until death.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really don't like their new design, the 6 and 7 were way cooler and nicer design. The new one is like a pebble stone shape, kinda fattish if you will.

It'll be good. Untill it's 2 years old.

I was wondering if they could make the digitzer not bonded to the LCD ? so if you happen to break the screen you can replace it without having to do the LCD as well like the iPads.

I haven't upgraded since the 6 so i'll be interested to see what the new phone is like.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is the 7 the exact same hardware as a 6? Apart from camera and home button? Kinda shocked me how identical they were although they are a stunning looking piece of tech in the right colour.

Is the 7 the exact same hardware as a 6? Apart from camera and home button? Kinda shocked me how identical they were although they are a stunning looking piece of tech in the right colour.
7 compared to 6s:
IP67
A10 vs A9 chip
Rear flash is better
Front camera is better
Battery is bigger and for me lasts a lot longer compared to the 6s!
Stereo speakers
A bit lighter (not much)

All little upgrades nothing major, I like mine (Matt black) apart from it being as slippy as a bar of soap.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yup here it is...

Screen_Shot_2017_08_31_at_12.09.45_PM.0.png

Really looking forward to this one! Although won't be getting the next iPhone until next year.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Thing is, they’re a commodity now. Back in the early days of smartphones it was genuinely exciting to see the new devices because they were such a step forwards, now it’s just incremental gains.

Nothing wrong with that, but no point in expecting anything particularly earth-shattering IMO. I’d love to be proved wrong :)

Will be interesting to see what they bring out because our work phones are on a two year upgrade cycle and we’ll get whatever the new iPhone is. Looking like a “7S” if the rumours are to be believed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Excited to see what it's like. The last iPhone I bought was a 6 Plus, so it's a little old and creaky now!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm an Android boy and still loving my 7 plus tbh. It does everything I need a more. Thing for me is a love a home button.

Im rocking a 6S and the screen is looking a bit sorry for itself so might get a 7 when the 8 comes out as I always scratch screens so buying an expensive latest and greatest handsets these days seems pointless!!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Im rocking a 6S and the screen is looking a bit sorry for itself so might get a 7 when the 8 comes out as I always scratch screens so buying an expensive latest and greatest handsets these days seems pointless!!

Screen protector?

To be fair, the glass on my 7+ seems very scratch resistant so I've never bothered myself.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know about you lot but I'm lucky to have a phone last a year!

Everything seems to fail on mine 😅

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My 6S is just coming up to 2 years old now, still looks mint, works great, and had a new battery over the summer due to the recall, so it's making me consider keeping it another year, which I never do!
So it will all depend what they announce on the 12th as to whether or not I am swayed into replacing, I can't see there being anything grounbreaking, I also like my headphone socket and home button, but we'll see...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There we go guys. Again solid source rarely anything but bang on.

01a0d5a7b99ed0ec8c7442ee065b0004.jpg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sounds about right, think I will stick to 64gb unless the bigger ones come in better colours.