ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Apr 18, 2015] Shakespeare Raceway RQYB 18/04/2015 (Shakespeare County Raceway)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=101

EVENT DETAILS
Spring Madness Public Track Weekend: 18/04/2015 - 19/04/2015
Spring has well and truly sprung. So its time to throw open the garage doors and on head down to Shakespeare County Raceway for the second Public Track Weekend of the season.
RWYB_Banner.jpg

Shakey_PTW_with_black_outline.jpg

Public Track Weekend:​
Racing a mate over the quarter mile is still the purest and easiest way to get a genuine racing fix. Open to all makes and models of cars and motorcycles (literally ANY motor where talking about), the weekend's Test & Tune gives you the thrill and competitive straight line speed without getting zapped by those annoying road side cameras or getting an unnecessary speeding ticket! The only cameras pointing at you will be the track side photographers. And the only tickets you'll receive will be your own personal performance printout registering your reaction time, 60ft, eighth mile and overall time and speed. Its fast and its accessible to a variety of ages and vehicles in a safe and legal environment. It really is as simple as that. Car and motorcycle clubs are welcome to come along and display or give it a blast down the drag strip! Just give us a call.
PAD_3914.jpg
Photo courtesy of Peter Donaldson.

PAD_4057.jpg
Photo courtesy of Peter Donaldson.

Clubs_Banner.jpg
Get Your Club Involved:​
If you are looking for a venue to hold a club day, then look no further and combine your next meeting with one of our Run What Ya Brung weekends. we can offer your club your own dedicated club area. The only cost to you would be the normal £12 admission fee and £25/£40 sign-on fee for unlimited runs of the track. After each run on the track your members will receive a performance printout so you'll be able to organise your own Run What Ya Brung competition and award the quickest and fastest racer of the day, accordingly of course!
If you would like to book your club in for a RWYB Public Track Weekend then please call 01789 720180 or e-mail: enquiries@shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk. Alternatively leave us a message on our Facebook page.
PLEASE NOTE: All RWYB drivers regardless of cars, times and speeds are required to wear a crash helmet in order to compete on the track. Helmet hire is available at the track on the day for a nominal fee. Contact us for further details or take a look at our Essential Guide on the Run What Ya Brung information page. Also, don’t forget your Driving Licence (Full Licence required, No Provisional Licence accepted)! Remember No Licence No Race!​
Gamblers_Banners_Vis.jpg
Clubs Attending:
RWYB Race Series:
ET Bracket Gamblers Race
Honda Drag Series Rd 2
Honda_Drag_Series.jpg

For the latest event updates
Facebook_Twitter_logos.jpg
Advance_Tickets_On_Black.jpg
Event Admission Details:
Sat Gate £12 per person - Advance £10
Sun Gate £12 per person - Advance £10
Weekend £22 per person - Advance £20
*All admission prices are correct at this time.

RWYB Test & Tune Track Fee:
One day: £25 per person (Unlimited Runs) or £40 per person for a weekend of Unlimited Fun (helmets required).
Safety_Sign_(2).jpg
*All ticket prices are per person.
*All tickets are non-refundable.
*Please see Ticket Information on the Events page for Refund Entry System.
*All major Credit Cards accepted.
*Children under 16 free when accompanied by an adult.
*Free overnight camping with the purchase of a Weekend Ticket.
*All Day Catering & Bar Facilities.
*Evening Entertainment & Bar.
*Free Grandstands & Pit Entry.
*On site Showers & Toilets.
Gates open at 6.00pm Friday. Track opens from 10.00 am both days until 5.00 pm subject to track and weather conditions permitting.
All information and admission details are correct at this time. Please drive carefully. See you at the strip!​

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
May be up for this ! gotta be fuckin warmer than our last visit only just thawed out !!

Reactions: Don

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
May be up for this ! gotta be fuckin warmer than our last visit only just thawed out !!
I know mate...it was a little bit cold to be fair! But I know their scrutineers are stricter than Santa Pod...which is surprising.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Oohh did somebody say Shakespeare? I'm in! The race is now on to sort the old girl out for April, still a fair bit to do.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Oohh did somebody say Shakespeare? I'm in! The race is now on to sort the old girl out for April, still a fair bit to do.
I linked you to some Metro wheels...just in case.
I've got to get a Cobra subframe for my Clubman seat, full service from Mick @diamond and then it may be getting a good blast out!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I may bring the flamer to this. I'm running at Shakey a few times this year (brother in law lives in Leamington and runs a lot). May time a weekend at his with this.

Focus RS mk1
Not been to shaky raceway before only santapod and not attended a meet for couple of yrs now so might be a good way to blow the cobwebs off the focus after a winter wrapped up. Also got some slicks i need to try! Will see if i can drag a couple of friends along too

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Not been to shaky raceway before only santapod and not attended a meet for couple of yrs now so might be a good way to blow the cobwebs off the focus after a winter wrapped up. Also got some slicks i need to try! Will see if i can drag a couple of friends along too
Cool...feel free

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Hope it's good weather, sounds like it could be a right good weekend!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You were tagged and all sorts. Thought I'd upset you fella. You should know...if there is a chance for you to have a giggle with us lot, you're more than welcome. :) The 182 may even get an outing on the strip!!!

As for days, Saturday is definite...just depends on people's plans as to what we do. Just don't want to have a car full if beer and be dragging that up the strip, then trying to drag myself up there after a few. ;)

BG182ff,explod Focus
How the f*ck did I miss this?
I'll be there I f*cking love handing people their arses!

So what's the deal is CS there both days, what days are people racing?
Even though I had only picked the car up late afternoon of the day before after having a new clutch fitted which I was still getting used to with the different biting point, the indignity of seeing the kennel just beat me to the line has eaten away at me all year.
This time, my friend, it will be your turn to feel shame :smilingimp:

Also, camping sounds like an excellent idea given how long it takes to drive there from sunny Stoke.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
LOL, you're not the first person to feel like that, imagine how you'll feel when I beat you for the 3rd time?
That's right i've been counting, 2 separate drag days, 2 wins for the dog kennel, I don't think you'll ever live down the shame of a 3rd loss.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
LOL, you're not the first person to feel like that, imagine how you'll feel when I beat you for the 3rd time?
That's right i've been counting, 2 separate drag days, 2 wins for the dog kennel, I don't think you'll ever live down the shame of a 3rd loss.

Boys...Its not a race or point scoring (unless Mike wins...obviously!)

I can see this being such a good laugh.