ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Apr 24, 2016] Midlands Breakfast Club - (Shropshire)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/midlands-breakfast-club-the-return-sunday-april-24th-09-00-12-00.787921/

Just to confirm, the Midlands Breakfast Club will return in 2016. We have found a superb venue which not many people will have heard of, but is a superb place to visit and is a place that will appeal to people of all ages and has something for everyone. We have pencilled in 5 dates for 2016. The location is the British Ironworks Centre and Sculpture Park, Whitehall Farm, nr Oswestry. Many of you may not of heard of it, but trust me, it is a superb place to visit and is a supe...rb place to hold an event. It's on the main A5 between Shrewsbury and Oswestry and is a perfect driving road on a Sunday morning. The provisional dates planned for 2016 are: 24th April, 26th June, 21st August, 23rd October and a big Christmas meet on the 18th December. The format will be the same. There is no issue with the amount of cars as they have plenty of overflow parking (acres upon acres), We will be able to show the cars off around the perimeter on the grassed area as long as it's not overly muddy! There is a lot to see at the centre, cafe (new restaurant opening), giant sculptures, falconry, working blacksmiths, silversmith, coppersmith, art/sculpture gallery, vintage garage, and shop. The centre is privately owned and they are looking forward to having us along and will be far more giving with help than other places I could mention! Staff will be provided on the day to assist with parking, and I might actually be able to sit down and grab a breakfast! We are also working on a few other things to make it a nice experience for everyone and plan an organisers choice 'favourite car' with prizes such as half a day with a Blacksmith. And the event will remain free and zero parking charges!!!!!!

Clio 172 cup
Ye sounds good this good driving roads around that neck of the woods I would be up for it don't no anyone on here by face etc but soon get mingling

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
We have less than 2 weeks until this happens. Get your names down as this should be a good laugh and we can always do something afterwards...

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
It's a good place and only down the road for me. If I get time I may pop down for a quick look

Reactions: Don

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Meeting at 8 at Telford Services M54 J4 if people fancy coming along. Will be looking to leave the services at 8:15 to get over to Oswestry.

Clio 172 cup
I might come down but don't know anyone on here , do I have to put my name down or just come down ?

Reactions: Don

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I might come down but don't know anyone on here , do I have to put my name down or just come down ?
You just need to turn up mate. You coming to Telford Services or meeting there? If you come over and say hello...we are approachable fella, don't worry.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Well...what can I say? @boomerbang2006 and I were the only ones at Telford Services this morning.
People on here moan about the West Midlands area being dead....but 2 meets organised this month and nothing. One person apart from me turns up....bit of a piss take.

People get off your keyboards and start attending otherwise what is the point in being part of a club if the online side does not have an offline side.

Thanks Leon for coming though, it was good to catch up...

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well...what can I say? @boomerbang2006 and I were the only ones at Telford Services this morning.
People on here moan about the West Midlands area being dead....but 2 meets organised this month and nothing. One person apart from me turns up....bit of a piss take.

People get off your keyboards and start attending otherwise what is the point in being part of a club if the online side does not have an offline side.

Thanks Leon for coming though, it was good to catch up...

Hope things do improve in this area im going to the mk4 meet thing end of the month and with being under the thumb im careful which i choose to attend lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mercury Clio 182
I'd have come alo if I hadn't been out for a friend's birthday last night and had a few drinks! I've only just woken up after getting in at 3.15am!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Will do mate. 26th June is the next one. It's my Nan's 90th that day so might be leaving early...

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I will just be back from turkey for that one. All being well my head will still be attached to my shoulders so i will be there.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'll be doing a few laps round the ring on the 26th June. So won't be able to attend