ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you a fussy buyer?

Mk1
Alright chaps.
Just pondering here once again after searching the interwebz for a second motor to no avail (yet again) and wondering if I'm a normal human being... I think I have a problem with being too fussy LOL. 🙈

Since getting into cars, in an ideal world I only want to buy well modified / enthusiast owned examples (as this saves me a load of cash doing them myself anyway!) 😅😅

Things like wheels / coilovers / exhausts / induction / decent ICE bits / good tyres / preventative maintenance / well written detailed ads are perfect but so rarely come up!

Does anyone else have this problem lol?

I'm currently in need of a second car urgently but don't want to just buy any old POS as I'll still have to pay £500+ for insurance regardless of what is it. So makes sense to try and find the right car!

I've narrowed it down to any of these providing the right condition/spec can be found;

Clio 182 (love artic or RB)
Meg R26
Meg 250 sport (Would need to be well modified for me to be interested)
Civic EP3 Type R (More inclined to take a punt on one of these but even still only finding munters or they are 500 miles away from me)
S2000 (Good history and colour would be a must...)
Possibly E46 M3 though pants would be shat upon leaving it in a car park anywhere. (Plus endless issues on these but still want one..)

Quite a budget difference with these but even still I'm struggling to see anything worth buying, doing the rounds on ebay motors / gumtree / pistonheads / autotrader / FB groups is driving me nuts! Haha.

Anyone else the same? Or am I a tight, sad, bellend? I might just have to compromise but there's no fun in that!

P.s. anyone selling any of the above, you know who to PM!

:up:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Not fussy at all. In fact I kind of prefer getting a car with a few knocks here and there, and high mileage, as I find owning something near perfection too stressful! I've had my Mini 2 1/2 years now and it's been hit three times and people have driven off without leaving a note... couldn't stand that happening to a mint car lol.

Only thing when it comes to buying, is that unless I really specifically want the car, it has to be totally standard. Even refurbed wheels in a different colour is enough to put me off (which is stupid because changing wheels is usually one of the first things I do anyway)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I've been to the four corners of the land for cars in someones warped mind described as 'great condition' to find out they live two streets away from Kandahar airbase, but i digress.

You've not stipulated a budget but from what you've listed about the things you want, an E46 M3 is going to either be a nail and need serious coin thrown at at or an absolute peach that has 16k dropped on it, well sorted ones (vanos/subframe et al) issues all addressed are hard to come by.

The VTEC thing i really didn't like, i had a peach of an EP3 premier edition for sale for months and ended up giving it away, wasn't sorry to see it go. Most over rated car out there for me.

Personally out your list, i'd go for the best well spec'd 250 you can.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
last car I bought I barely read the add, I was drunk and had no idea on any of its history
was only 650 quid though and its a peach! lol!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The phase 1?

I sold an evo 7 once, drunk. Someone asked on mlr if it was for sale. 11k you can have it?!?!.

See you next weekend.

Lol.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah the odyssey was the drunken purchase............. mint!
34305455452_a19577bf2f_o.jpg

Yes. Looking at cars atm due to no lease deals, narrowed it down to 2 models, but finding the right spec/mileage/condition/history has been a nightmare. I've found 2 potential cars out of every single one I looked through on ebay/pistonheads/autotrader, and now frantically waiting for the lease company to tell me cost of early termination (finishes in 9 weeks officially).

I should probably make a new thread on them, I've done my own research, but nothing beats the CS knowledge.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I hate fussy buyers.

I hate buyers that try and chip you when they’ve agreed a price as well.

People want amazing cars for f**k all money these days. I used to be one of those people. Now I just pay the extra money for the right car and it tends to hold its money.
You don't own them long enough to loose anything.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I hate fussy buyers.

People want amazing cars for f**k all money these days. I used to be one of those people. Now I just pay the extra money for the right car and it tends to hold its money.

pretty sure I was half cut when I agreed to buy those wheels off you too, love drunk car and parts purchasing!

Clio 197
It's just not worth selling cars with modifications made to it most of the time because you can make more money selling the parts and returning the car back to standard.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I hate fussy buyers.

Understand your pain! However my last car sale (which was the Clio 182) was so easy... bloke turned up in the dark, didn't even bother test driving it! Just said yup that'll do and handed over the cash :D more like that please.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I was like this until I realised it’s almost impossible to get a mint 15-20 year old car.

No point when the likes of Nicole Colegate & Jardine Dewar will do it over hoping to find something to sell for a bit of crack.

Ah, Corby!

Mk1
Well, it took me long enough... but I ended up buying an AP1 S2000 on Saturday. First Honda I've driven - Well impressed with it!

And it has some mods I would have done anyway - coilovers, stainless exhaust, wheels & AD08r's. Winner.

Will still kick around on here as I could use a 182 as a daily! Haha.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Taking of fussy buyers, someone on cutters posted the below

Only way to buy an e46 m3 is with , wings off.. sill covers off..rear bumper off .. front bumper off .. rear wheels off to check rear arches out for rust ..on a ramp to check for subframe cracks

the post was responded to in the usual cutters way