ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa.... Where the hell are you guys, you're missing out!

Nissan 350z
Between the early release that is available and the the "full" game, what is actually going to change? Just more cars to drive?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
More cars, more tracks, multiplayer races, championships, career mode.

Its all about the physics, Closest thing to real wheel feel.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I put it ahead of project cars. The physics are in a different league. Obviously project cars developing week by week, however even the cars with close to finished physics models are no where near as "Close to real" feeling as the cars in Assetto Corsa.

The tracks are all laser scanned, so 100% accurate (at time of scanning), its just so much closer to real than anything else out there, and I have been sim racing for years.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough, it's from the person who built Netkar Pro, which uses a lot of Live For Speed's physics.

I've been reading up and physics wise it's about on par with LFS, which IMO is still leading the sim world, but it's not quite finished yet, and it's definitely pretty. LFS V2 has been banded around a bit.

I'm going to have to download it and have a look I think.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
They also have worked very close with Ferrari, have been involved in their simulator and they made a standalone game for Ferrari a year or two back with three cars including the F1. Nectar Pro was pretty good. Agree with you on LFS in terms of physics, I used to love driving the little Nissan type RWD car, mega fun and unmatched for years.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
They also have worked very close with Ferrari, have been involved in their simulator and they made a standalone game for Ferrari a year or two back with three cars including the F1. Nectar Pro was pretty good. Agree with you on LFS in terms of physics, I used to love driving the little Nissan type RWD car, mega fun and unmatched for years.

I remember that, 612, 599 and the 430 scud were in the original version, I quite liked that.

XRT/Mitsubishi Starion Turbo was great, I'm more of a LX6 kinda guy though ;)

DCi
I knew this was from the NetKar people but didn't know NetKar had a link to LFS

I played a very early version of NetKar which I thought was good

I thought LFS was good for dropping into quick races with reasonable "sim" physics but I didn't think on physics alone it was that near the top... Just my opinion

I was reading another forum that was discussing a rumour that if you have NetKar you can get Assetto cheap - I couldn't work out from the discussion if true or not but if anyone can enlighten the situation it might be worth knowing?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've been driving this sim for a little while now.

The experience overall is great. The sound and graphics are good, And you can drive very quickly pretty easily.

However once you go past the limit it's a bit skewiff. If you've played Race 07 you'll already know what trying to put the car sideways is like (in all fairness though, it's not as bad as Race 07) - Off the stops to get fairly mild drift angles, and then snap transitions with little or no warning. That said, I found myself spending a lot of time in the E30 M3 D1 skidding around with relative ease. It does feel pretty good for driving a fair few of the other cars fast though - in particular the Fiat 500 surprisingly.

The force feedback I would say is slightly better than LFS in some ways, but also lacks the 'grip' feeling that you get in LFS. This doesn't communicate to you what the car is doing as well as LFS does.

In all I'd say it's less LFS V2, and more Race 2014. It has the general 'feel' of Race 07, but with updated graphics and tweaked physics that are better beyond the limit. However I still don't quite rank it in the Top 3 sims. It's pretty close though, and of course it is a work in progress so it can still improve.

Even with all the above, you should still get this if the price goes down.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've been driving this sim for a little while now.

The experience overall is great. The sound and graphics are good, And you can drive very quickly pretty easily.

However once you go past the limit it's a bit skewiff. If you've played Race 07 you'll already know what trying to put the car sideways is like (in all fairness though, it's not as bad as Race 07) - Off the stops to get fairly mild drift angles, and then snap transitions with little or no warning. That said, I found myself spending a lot of time in the E30 M3 D1 skidding around with relative ease. It does feel pretty good for driving a fair few of the other cars fast though - in particular the Fiat 500 surprisingly.

The force feedback I would say is slightly better than LFS in some ways, but also lacks the 'grip' feeling that you get in LFS. This doesn't communicate to you what the car is doing as well as LFS does.

In all I'd say it's less LFS V2, and more Race 2014. It has the general 'feel' of Race 07, but with updated graphics and tweaked physics that are better beyond the limit. However I still don't quite rank it in the Top 3 sims. It's pretty close though, and of course it is a work in progress so it can still improve.

Even with all the above, you should still get this if the price goes down.

Good review there! I think the above is quite key for me. I don't really pump that much time into my racing games - far less than I should be do actually. So the game itself has to be good to maintain my focus on it.

D.

Funnily enough McGherkin I was trying to drift in race 07 last night and it's VERY far from easy. I might have to get this at the end of the month, is there a demo/ cracked version available to see if it's worth me getting it?

I'll give that a go later, I just want a game that I can drift about on with good graphics that isn't need for speed. Oh and I assume you have all aids off?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I think i have a vid of the ring in the e30 too. That track is an old convert from rfactor. Lienz 24 hour its called. Love the track, bit like a rally stage.

I can't play anything other than Assetto corsa at the moment. I went back to project cars and Raceroom... however they just feel so wrong now. AC to me is LFS with dx11!

As you point out... bring on the lazer scanned Ring!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the track name. Will have a look tonight.

AFAIK a lot of games use laser scanning for tracks, IIRC even NASCAR 2004 did it. Rockingham was laser scanned for LFS but we all know that'll be a while before it arrives.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bit of a thread bump here, but Assetto Corsa is on offer for £20 on Steam just now, thought it was worth a mention!

I'm thinking about buying it myself but I've only got my old xbox 360 wireless racing wheel with a wireless adaptor for the pc and there's no support for force feedback for it! Anyone able to point me in the right direction for a half decent, reasonably priced pc wheel?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Want to play this, but my degree will go down the pan.

Untitled.jpg

Aaaaaannnd its still in beta. Just wait till Multiplayer becomes available!!!!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Just a heads up that multiplayer is released friday!

Anyone who has a decent rig and a wheel should be all over this.

Just a heads up that multiplayer is released friday!

Anyone who has a decent rig and a wheel should be all over this.

Whats the content like now?

I need something to play inbetween ARMA 3 & waiting for project: Cars to release, thinking of picking this up. Don't have a wheel, will be using an xbox controller to play. Worth it you reckon?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Whats the content like now?

I need something to play inbetween ARMA 3 & waiting for project: Cars to release, thinking of picking this up. Don't have a wheel, will be using an xbox controller to play. Worth it you reckon?

Nice selection of tracks now, also plenty of variation in cars to be racing. Its all about the physics and the feel through the wheel. I have never felt anything as close to life as this since perhaps live for speed.

Nice selection of tracks now, also plenty of variation in cars to be racing. Its all about the physics and the feel through the wheel. I have never felt anything as close to life as this since perhaps live for speed.

Need to see if I can pick up a wheel then I reckon, seen above that the Logitech stuff is recommended. What are you using? Alot of the ones ive seen online only have 2 pedals, would be awsome to have the full clutch setup etc

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Yeah, I have a Logitech G27.

The Logitech driving force GT is a good introductory wheel. You can upgrade the pedals and shifters in the future if you get into it. If not the two pedals with the flappy paddles is still fun enough.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I've got a G27, it's rather good.

Currently playing simraceway as its in beta and is free to get and cars are often on free to play for a weekend or the odd day.

I would get asseto Corsa but don't wanna spend the monies.

Just had a look at the g27, not sure if I wanna chuck £200 just yet haha. Might uave a shop round for the DFGT wheel then. Ill probably end up buying assetto tonight to have a play round with the controller etc also. any other games you'd reccomend?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a look at the g27, not sure if I wanna chuck £200 just yet haha. Might uave a shop round for the DFGT wheel then. Ill probably end up buying assetto tonight to have a play round with the controller etc also. any other games you'd reccomend?

If you have a wheel, Live For Speed. Also Race 07.

And Richard Burns Rally if you're into rallying ;)