ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa.... Where the hell are you guys, you're missing out!

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I use a chair and table for the moment. Want to build myself a full rig though.

I've found a good deal on a G25 so I'll be picking that up tonight .

I've found a few sites explaining how to build a wooden cockpit so I think I'm going to attempt to do that and grab a cheap car seat.
Then I could probably carpet it to make it look a little more presentable.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

Interesting. I might look into that. Let me know how it goes.

I setup the G25 last night and before I knew it it was 12am! I think I need to quit my job :p.
It's taking some getting used to but the game paired with the wheel is simply immense. I can't wait to get a proper cockpit set up now.

I'm guessing the modding community will be all over this game soon. The Nurburgring mod is fantastic. I'm looking forwards to a huge amount of new cars being added when modding gets a bit more traction.

Are there any guides for creating cars for the game?

I've already started work on a 350z, starting with the alloys, but I'm not sure what polygon count I should be sticking to. I always tend to create high poly models and I don't think they will work too well in a game.

if955y.jpg

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
The shorter Nurburgring GP track came out yesterday alone with a new Merc that I can't seem to get the hang of at all. I tend to keep to the same track and car until I'm happy with my time.

Although I still need ALOT of practice.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Been playing this ALOT over the weekend now I have a cockpit setup :rasp:.

What sort of times are people getting? I'm using the Lotus 98T on the Nurburgring GP track and my best lap is 1:56:240˜. It feels like there is a lot of room for improvement though.

On a side note I also have the seat on the right of this picture for sale for £40 for anyone wanting to use it in a sim cockpit.
2014_08_29_21_18_26.jpg

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Anyone played this since 1.0 Release Candidate?
My setup for the Lotus 98T now damages the engine if I set the boost above 70%.

Also had no idea they were releasing Spa. Amazingly well designed.
Graphics also seem much more polished.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I have 460 hours on this game now.

If you want to have some real fun. Download Lake Louise beta (track) and do a few laps to get to know it. Its the most fun I have ever had on my PC.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Got my arse in gear on Saturday and moved my wheel/pedals etc to the PC room. Enjoying this, dug out the gf's old Nexus 7 and got a dash app setup too. Just need to make a frame so it sits in the right place!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I am renting a server.

Also working on getting the Clio 182 in game. I have got a proven modeler to agree to make the model. 500 USD though :(

John

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Whoa! Guess all the sounds effects/setup would still need doing after that too?

Must be quite a few people out there that would like it in the game though.

01 Clio 172 PH1
i can do a converted 182 from rfactor for you guys to have fun with or someone can partner up with me and build one?

you guys should try the clio v6 i converted.. downloadable from racedepartments

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
There is a guy on the assetto corsa forums making a ph1 172. He's new to it all. Perhaps we could contact him and work alongside him?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
i can do a converted 182 from rfactor for you guys to have fun with or someone can partner up with me and build one?

you guys should try the clio v6 i converted.. downloadable from racedepartments
Hi mate. Do you know if there is any way I can get the 3D car models in .obj or .fbx format? I am currently writing some 3D rendering software for fun and could do with some 3D car models to play with for testing.

01 Clio 172 PH1
There is a guy on the assetto corsa forums making a ph1 172. He's new to it all. Perhaps we could contact him and work alongside him?
thats me.... like i said...i can do the physics and sounds but the model...i seriously have no idea how long it will take for me to finish
however, since a 182 was released for rfactor, i can rip it and convert it over so we have a model to play with in the mean time

but problems i can see right off the bat
1 - AC forums doesn't allow converted stuff
2 - the original model is low res, i can improve it a bit if its annoying
3 - its a cup car with no interior if i remember correctly

POC:
2015-02-27_00001.jpg

Hi mate. Do you know if there is any way I can get the 3D car models in .obj or .fbx format? I am currently writing some 3D rendering software for fun and could do with some 3D car models to play with for testing.
easiest way imo would be to download 3dsimed, convert assetto corsa/rfactor/rfactor2 models and use it as you wish

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I think trying to make that model better would be a waste of your time, you would end up re-doing a lot of it.

I can quite probably make the physics with the physics suit from Kunos, rear suspension could be a pain though, but im sure i could get my head around it. I had a play with the base car they provide and its fairly straight forward.

To make the car we would need..

Model
Textures
physics
sounds.

I tried to involve Ktec and 750 Mc to have the 182 cup re created in game. Its impossible to set up though because of politics. When I asked for help developing a mod a few people came forward. We have sound people. And an experienced modeler who wants monies.

01 Clio 172 PH1
the physics part is actually pretty simple once you get the hang of the suspension editor and the values required
it does require some measuring and approximation

and yes...the rear suspension...since torsion beam isnt implemented, the closest thing we can do is measure the physical beam, draw it up in solidworks to get the motion range and use a wishbone to simulate the movement of the beam

it really depends if its just a "thing" for us to play with or an "official mod with everything" released on the AC forums

if we just want something to play with, physics wise we can measure our cars physically and play with the values until it feels real
we can use the existing 182 model, map some basic textures on it and be done with it
this can be done in a few hours... want an interior? i can combine the v6 interior together with the 182 model and make it rhd as well...a few more hours at most

same goes for sounds...can be converted over

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There's a fairly good model kicking around from Richard Burns Rally. Not completely road standard but not a S1600. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get it looking more standard by removing the roof scoop, filling the holes in the bumper (if they exist? I can't remember. I'll look later) and removing the window cutout.

_ClioRagnotti.jpg

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
There's a fairly good model kicking around from Richard Burns Rally. Not completely road standard but not a S1600. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get it looking more standard by removing the roof scoop, filling the holes in the bumper (if they exist? I can't remember. I'll look later) and removing the window cutout.

_ClioRagnotti.jpg
Ooohhhhh...make this happen pleez ( no skill
s here)
Would love to be able to practice Zandvoort!

01 Clio 172 PH1

_ClioRagnotti.jpg
just had a look at it...model is locked..plus it looks low res just like the one i posted above

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good Andy! Are you going to charge more for people to obtain a Liquid Yellow than an Iliad or BG one?
Hahaha! Hmmm... good point mate! :smile:

Couple of other car models from racedepartment...

Ferrari288gto-wip01_zpsflhpz3y0.jpg~original

IFM2009-wip01_zpsmpdnqfdg.jpg~original

EDIT: These are not complete, some parts are missing along with a few textures, etc.