ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Astra VXR Nurburgring Progress Thread

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I've always had a soft spot for these cars, and yours looks like a well looked after one. Only gripe for me is the turbo sticker.

Astra VXR NBG ED
I've always had a soft spot for these cars, and yours looks like a well looked after one. Only gripe for me is the turbo sticker.

There are too many other stickers aswell to be brutally honest!

Cheers :)

Astra VXR NBG ED
Nice example, you obviously enjoy cleaning it just as much as you do driving it :D

Hate cleaning it! Wheels are a nightmare and it's the swirlest car in the family! Haha!

Too busy doing other people's cars but do love a good drive out in it!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Why is it a garage queen now? :l

Looks very clean etc but i dislike the stickers.

Are these more powerful than standard vxrs then? 270 compared to 240?

Astra VXR NBG ED
Why is it a garage queen now? :l

Looks very clean etc but i dislike the stickers.

Are these more powerful than standard vxrs then? 270 compared to 240?

Because it's going to stay in the garage other than track days every other month:)

Their book figures are still 240, but with the turbo back exhaust and sports cat (100 cell) they do pull higher figures. Saying that standard VXR's often pull more than the quoted 240, even on dastek equipment!

Where a puts you based one went past me in Ashton onto the M60 yesterday and sounded fantastic! Bar the added stickers yours is a fantastic example.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Where a puts you based one went past me in Ashton onto the M60 yesterday and sounded fantastic! Bar the added stickers yours is a fantastic example.

Stoke on Trent bud, they area nice sounding car on chat, especially for standard

Astra VXR NBG ED
mKFcnby4VXxcEgZXWhpUJQg.jpg

ordered some cooling ducts for the wishbone.

Will probably also do the fog delete for extra ventilation to the discs

Astra VXR NBG ED
Right chaps, any opinions on colours in the bay? The rocker cover, fuse boxes all need 're spraying! I have a carbon battery cover which may be changed for a bag and some with have to buy liquid wrap for the power pipes or get them powder coated!

Opinions welcomed

Vectra SRi
Really good work, I do like these but I wouldn't one.

Whats the difference between the standard VXR and the Nurburgring Edition?

Astra VXR NBG ED
Really good work, I do like these but I wouldn't one.

Whats the difference between the standard VXR and the Nurburgring Edition?

Nothing of any great mechanical greatness

Its white which you couldn't get a standard Astra VXR in

Full remus exhaust with 100 cell sports cat

Wider front track

ATS lightweight alloys with stickier tyres from factory

Few interior touches, carbon trim and Nurburgring emblems embossed into the leather

Everything else the same! But they still hold a premium over standard models.

Basically it was a batch of cars to celebrate the fastest FWD car to go round the ring at the time. Been beaten many times however, but still it's a car that was produced just under 10 year's ago!

Astra VXR NBG ED
DSC_0629_zpsnxz9t2jh.jpg

More painting and fixing leaky gaskets

DSC_0630_zpspd8yrvay.jpg

DSC_0632_zpsbaxwdm8k.jpg

DSC_0633_zpsqxj9pfmu.jpg

DSC_0635_zpsippoogwc.jpg

Ok so a few things to do, breather and water pipes what change to blue JS performance hoses, stainless steel rocker cover bolts, head tank and tx oil cap with Vxr logo. Then a couple of plaques on the fuse boxes.

Went out for a quick blip today, felt a bit nervous in the corners and struggled under braking but it has got new shocks waiting and New discs and pads with braided lines and DOT5.1 fluid! Engine and performance wise, didn't put a foot wrong! Really strong through the rev range, only gripe is that it was overfuelling a tad but common when it's been sat for over 4 weeks and flat battery resetting the ecu.

Astra VXR NBG ED
neteva9a.jpg

4ezama3a.jpg

a4etavup.jpg

Removed a few stickers to try an freshen up the exterior.

Oil, filter and few other service parts bought today to let it sit on some golden oil.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Big thanks to Russ for these!

345mm Vectra VXR brake setup!

DSC_0641_zpsxmwxciu5.jpg

Quite a chunk bigger than standard 328's and a different braking design should certainly make the car stop much better

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Not a fan of these at all. I do quite like the new Astra vxr though. Bit chav IMO

RB182cup&golf gti
Good read that! Nice little motor you got there. Have a soft spot for Vauxhalls. Passed my test over 20 years ago (yikes!) and used to drive at the time my dads 2.0i cavalier and nothing kept with the that thing, so bet yours shifts when you keep traction!

Astra VXR NBG ED
Good read that! Nice little motor you got there. Have a soft spot for Vauxhalls. Passed my test over 20 years ago (yikes!) and used to drive at the time my dads 2.0i cavalier and nothing kept with the that thing, so bet yours shifts when you keep traction!

Cheers, it can do indeed, however seems to be a new breed of hot hatch on the market with big power! Sometimes forget the base of the car is almost 10 years old! As you say, traction is the biggest problem, but my traffic light grand prix days are long gone