ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Astra VXR Nurburgring Progress Thread

Astra VXR NBG ED
u5avajyn.jpg

Picked these up on a free ftw!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I still can't believe how loud these things are! Sounds decent for a 4 pot turbo! Struggling to think of one that sounds better infact...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm keeping them, there just too heavy and not supportive enough tbh! And I certainly can't afford to splash out on pole positions.

The bolsters are huge on the standard ones? lol! I wouldn't put those buckets in a 90's corsa tbh.

I still can't believe how loud these things are! Sounds decent for a 4 pot turbo! Struggling to think of one that sounds better infact...

As much as it pains me, I think I might agree. They really do sound great.

Astra VXR NBG ED
The bolsters are huge on the standard ones? lol! I wouldn't put those buckets in a 90's corsa tbh.
They are around the waist but there's no support above their tbh and if anyone has ever driven one for a prolonged period of time they'll tell you they are horrendous, not even lined up with the pedals so your right leg is always reaching out to the accelerator.

Whilst I agree they don't look much at all, they weigh 60% less than the heated leather and can be used with harnesses. Nobody is going see the seats when it's on track tbh, and I'd rather put money towards diffs, cooler and a map, before k get some Recaro PP's

Astra VXR NBG ED
Got a morning session at Oulton Park on the 31st January. A bit of footage from the day I thought I'd post up as I saw a few clio sports and a few other Renault sports on track. Some of you may be able to spot yourselves on track.

Sessions 1 and 2 of 5. Others are still uploading.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Lv0wVJ1t4Bc[/MEDIA]"]Astra VXR Nurburgring: Oulton Park Track Day 31.01.2015 (1st Session) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]wmBM3yja3Og[/MEDIA]"]Astra VXR Nurburgring: Oulton Park Track Day 31.01.2015 (2nd Session) - YouTube[/ame]

Some randoms I was sent:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]V60hVmkM1r8[/MEDIA]"]Astra VXR Nurburgring Track Day Oulton Park - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQFeoi8lo5E[/url]"]Astra VXR Nurburgring Oulton Park Track Day - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhiK2XB768I[/url]"]Astra VXR Pop and Bang Remus exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Astra VXR NBG ED
Session 3

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]jrl3ycFBeP4[/MEDIA]"]Astra VXR Nurburgring: Oulton Park Track Day 31.01.2015 (3rd Session) - YouTube[/ame]

Astra VXR NBG ED
Session 4

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]fYa2MmYZ1X8[/MEDIA]"]Astra VXR Nurburgring: Oulton Park Track Day 31.01.2015 (4th Session) - YouTube[/ame]

Session 5

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]DVZ7BvgjHks[/MEDIA]"]Astra VXR Nurburgring: Oulton Park Track Day 31.01.2015 (5th Session) - YouTube[/ame]

Clio, Nova, Astra
Nice motor matey i do loadsssssssssss of carbon bits for these would look good against the white pal :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice to see you still have this !

Learn how to embed YT clips though man ... :wink:

Click the thing that looks like a window (it's supposed to be a film frame I guess) and paste the URL in there. That's all you need...

:cool:

Astra VXR NBG ED
Nice to see you still have this !

Learn how to embed YT clips though man ... :wink:

Click the thing that looks like a window (it's supposed to be a film frame I guess) and paste the URL in there. That's all you need...

:cool:

Ahh sorry I just copied the posts from another forum on tapatalk. They embed on tapatalk mind.

I shall edit them on a pc when I get chance :)

Astra VXR NBG ED
Car officially now SORN!

New Daily arriving shortly, delivered on 14th August,currently being built in Mexico :)

c967.jpg

DTUK box has already been purchased to taking it to 240bhp and 500nm torque

Have just purchased some 17 inch 1.2's in black to go on the Astra and wrap in some R888 rubber.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im impressed with 60bhp from a tunning box on the golf GTD.?

I like the Astra special ED it looks nice.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Im impressed with 60bhp from a tunning box on the golf GTD.?

I like the Astra special ED it looks nice.
Yeah. The torque is a huge jump aswell. Apparently turns them into a right "goer". Internet talk seems to think standard Focus RS league once on the move.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Ah cool! Very capable cars.

A mate has a 500bhp track toy. Goes Vmaxx events in it and all sorts.
The engines are great in them. As we all know the standard chasing setup is pretty useless. Throw some money into it and they're very good which sounds like what your mate has done.

Is he a regular on forums?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The engines are great in them. As we all know the standard chasing setup is pretty useless. Throw some money into it and they're very good which sounds like what your mate has done.

Is he a regular on forums?
Yeah his has a wavetrac diff and v3 coilovers on various semi slicks.

No he doesn't bother with forums much, the VXR range of forums seem to be full of clowns compared to other ones.

59872eadbb71065c8a72a216036e77c5.jpg

94081f73cd35edbbca61417a1278049d.jpg

phase 2 172
Looks a cracking example ,I've allways liked these ,surely they can't handle as bad as people keep going on about ?

Looks a cracking example ,I've allways liked these ,surely they can't handle as bad as people keep going on about ?

My mates got one, although it's the SRi-T running around 250'ish BHP's, it's got B12's, LSD, R888's and RARB, seriously capable car, i went for a run to Yorkshire a few week's back. My ST couldn't live with it.

Having owned a standard VXR, they're start to loose them serves when pressing on.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Really late reply hahaha

Yep

3d2d8bcfc004d8109a2421fcb034e189.jpg

3971bc9bcce54e061aaa9298657cab84.jpg

e2fee4348f0a28bd6e16d45d9bcbb51e.jpg

0fa7926e18621d7d3d489d0a68f14b9e.jpg

493aabbddd0884816e220211b8294714.jpg

Only logged in as I saw a few Clios today at Oulton Park. They were going very well indeed. Wasn't on track myself as I have a few more bits to do!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Surely thats over the 1600kg a golf can tow?

Countryman JCW
Lovely motor!

Can never get my head around the hate for VXR's. Agreed with the comments on sound, they are one of the nicest sounding 4 pot turbo's i've heard. There is a stigma of chav attached to them, but apart from that i like them a lot, fair play! What are the VXR's like for reliability? mate of mine had one and said it was no end of problems, but i was always under the impression they were pretty bomb proof?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This looks ace mate.

They're 277bhp as std?? Where did you do the photoshoot in the disused warehouses?