ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi RS3

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Funny thing is, its currently got the narrower rears on the front, & the (bald) wider fronts on the rear, and it still grips like a madman!
When i fit the set of PS4S on it next month, you'd have to be driving like an utter tool to get it to understeer on the road id imagine. On track yeah probably, but the limits/speeds are always a lot higher there, so a car with its engine out over the front wheels will pretty much always push on, unless you are slower in/fast out, trail braking etc. But you don't buy a lardy 5 door family hatch back for track days 😂

Ha ha, they are fairly quick :wink:
I do like the stealthy look if i'm honest, if you know what you're looking for, they are different, but not obviously so in a subtle colour:
IMG_4851_zpscewzrcep.jpg

This car is getting under my skin a little i feel (like the R32 golfs do), as i went to BMW to look at M3/M4's at the weekend (as you do lol) and well, i'm sad to say it, but neither of them did anything for me, the M4 (in Silverstone II) was just bland and the M3, unless Competition Pack & individual colour, i thought, rather strangely, was starting to look a little dated already. The M2 looks better on the outside, but the interior is so meh/similar to the M135i. So with that in mind, with nothing else of remote interest in the price bracket (the M5 is just too big, M6 too big/expensive), the RS3 is to stay a little while i feel ...

Out of interest how's your mpg?

Might have a butchers at this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...tion=at_cars&make=AUDI&postcode=sp52ja&page=2

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Does roughly 19-22 around town (my commute is 8 miles of traffic/20/30 zones), then 28-33 on runs to Donington Park/Cornwall.
About what i expected really, you cant expect a 2.5 turbo to give decent mpg around town when its cold 😂
Personally, id buy an 8V S3 over an 8P RS3 though, bar the engine/box, that car is soooo dated now.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
For what you use it for, it's a perfect daily. Well "perfect" for people like us who justify stupid car sh*t because we like it.
I'd have an M2 in a heartbeat over the RS3, but I understand why you don't.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Funny thing is, its currently got the narrower rears on the front, & the (bald) wider fronts on the rear, and it still grips like a madman!
When i fit the set of PS4S on it next month, you'd have to be driving like an utter tool to get it to understeer on the road id imagine. On track yeah probably, but the limits/speeds are always a lot higher there, so a car with its engine out over the front wheels will pretty much always push on, unless you are slower in/fast out, trail braking etc. But you don't buy a lardy 5 door family hatch back for track days 😂

Ha ha, they are fairly quick :wink:
I do like the stealthy look if i'm honest, if you know what you're looking for, they are different, but not obviously so in a subtle colour:
IMG_4851_zpscewzrcep.jpg

This car is getting under my skin a little i feel (like the R32 golfs do), as i went to BMW to look at M3/M4's at the weekend (as you do lol) and well, i'm sad to say it, but neither of them did anything for me, the M4 (in Silverstone II) was just bland and the M3, unless Competition Pack & individual colour, i thought, rather strangely, was starting to look a little dated already. The M2 looks better on the outside, but the interior is so meh/similar to the M135i. So with that in mind, with nothing else of remote interest in the price bracket (the M5 is just too big, M6 too big/expensive), the RS3 is to stay a little while i feel ...

Out of interest how's your mpg?
Does roughly 19-22 around town (my commute is 8 miles of traffic/20/30 zones), then 28-33 on runs to Donington Park/Cornwall.
About what i expected really, you cant expect a 2.5 turbo to give decent mpg around town when its cold 😂
Personally, id buy an 8V S3 over an 8P RS3 though, bar the engine/box, that car is soooo dated now.

Quiet like this also, won't post anymore up as it's not my thread :)

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...009-sepang-blue-ttrs--stage-2-440-bhp/7115114

BMW M4; S1000 RR
For a car with such power that's brilliant .... I get less than that in my 182!!
To be fair it sounded like Waitey's did 33mpg travelling up and down the country.

There's also a bit of a running cost difference between using 5000L of fuel at 33mpg and using 600L of fuel at 20mpg.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So on Friday, Audi relieved me of £349 to change the 5 spark plugs and s-tronic oil.
As per usual after servicing work on a new car, i can notice no difference whatsoever & just feel bummed. On the flipside however, they do agree with me that the rear dampers need replacing (they are banging/thumping over speed bumps), so they are changing them on June 9th.
I also got a puncture last week, so got Kwik Fit to fix it. Whilst i was there, i asked them to swop the wider rears to the front (so that they were as per the factory), but was informed that that would be "illegal" and that wider rears always go on the back, like with BMWs & Mercs. No end of explaining, or showing them the original build sheet would change their minds, so i went home & did it myself.
Difficult to tell, but it does look a lot better now, although the road noise with the wider fronts on the front, is far greater!!
1DFBAA2E-277D-4344-B989-735B37DA31D8_zpsoxmlusvi.jpg

As an aside, they didnt fix my puncture properly either, as ive just had to pump it up again :weary:

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not much choice, flat tyre & they were closest to home in Weybridge!
Profile is so small i cant run them flat for very long without damage.

Same here. See you there! Or on the journey down no doubt.

No s**t. We're heading down Thursday afternoon, going by the tunnel for ease sadly as I do like a ferry ride.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Finally got round to cleaning the leather. Not gonna lie, it was pretty rank, but i knew that already :mask:
Gliptone G12, a nail brush & microfibre to the rescue.
Some before & afters:
IMG_0100_zpsvnrw1870.jpg

IMG_0101_zpsxstysosp.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsdnpyffhg.jpg

IMG_0102_zpsat8pvbm5.jpg

And the full interior:
IMG_0105_zps4qqgid4t.jpg

IMG_0103_zpsz8fppout.jpg

IMG_0104_zpsjl6xndkm.jpg

Also did Sarah's TT as well, which was particularly dirty in places.
IMG_0107_zps5ceqbzob.jpg

IMG_0109_zpsso4mxxjm.jpg

IMG_0112_zpsw7wxdeun.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsfh4wcq3f.jpg

His & hers interiors FTW 😌

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Not too long at all then really, and well worth the effort! Can you recommend anything for alcantara? I need something to keep my steering wheel clean etc.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Not too long at all then really, and well worth the effort! Can you recommend anything for alcantara? I need something to keep my steering wheel clean etc.
I've used Raceglaze before, but im not sure if that is a "detailer approved" product 😂
Does the job perfectly well though, i need to get some as well - it always goes smooth on steering wheels!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You've done a decent job there but seeing the state that it gets in is the reason I would be very wary of light leather.
It looks nice though as audi stuff does. The RS6 quilted leather is stunning.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You've done a decent job there but seeing the state that it gets in is the reason I would be very wary of light leather. It looks nice though as audi stuff does. The RS6 quilted leather is stunning.
Its not so bad if you clean it occasionally, makes the interior a much nicer place to be though.
Light seats & dark headlining/doors/dash has a real premium feel about it i think :up:
Had a "proper" cross-country drive in it last night in the p1ssing rain at midnight, with everything set to Dynamic (steering/engine/gearbox/suspension/exhaust), it travels ground unbelievably quickly, even on utterly f*cked PZeros :tongueclosed:
Will be purchasing 4 x PS4S' today. Sad times for my wallet lol.

Baited one of these of the lights this morning just so I could see and hear it go, lots of popping and farting even just driving normally. Would do my nut in hearing that all the time, or does it only do that in sport mode? Could have been modded as it looked chavved up compared to the OP's.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Baited one of these of the lights this morning just so I could see and hear it go, lots of popping and farting even just driving normally. Would do my nut in hearing that all the time, or does it only do that in sport mode? Could have been modded as it looked chavved up compared to the OP's.
It should only pop in the Dynamic engine mode, even with my (standard) exhaust set to loud, there aren't any pops in comfort/auto mode. With a Milltek secondary de-cat there is much more noise, & that combined with the Audi Sports exhaust is pretty asbo. Especially when brapping it off the lights in launch mode!! I lit all 4 wheels up earlier on as its so slippery, but i was in stealth comfort mode, so no one will have noticed :innocent:
The car is one of the badmanz car of choice for "loud noises" currently though, like the C63, whereas i like the fact its fairly subtle 😂

It should only pop in the Dynamic engine mode, even with my (standard) exhaust set to loud, there aren't any pops in comfort/auto mode. With a Milltek secondary de-cat there is much more noise, & that combined with the Audi Sports exhaust is pretty asbo. Especially when brapping it off the lights in launch mode!! I lit all 4 wheels up earlier on as its so slippery, but i was in stealth comfort mode, so no one will have noticed :innocent:
The car is one of the badmanz car of choice for "loud noises" currently though, like the C63, whereas i like the fact its fairly subtle 😂
He must of switched it to Dynamic mode then to make sure he beat my 155hp Mondeo of the line, lol.

They really cheapen it. Please put Turini's on it. As wrong as I feel saying it, they'd look perfect. (as they do on everything)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I parked next to a grey RS3 the other day in Henley. Put my A3 to shame. Can't wait for the RS3 Saloons, they look awesome