ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Product Test...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I finally got to give my free products a test the other day. I have to admit I hadn’t waxed my car for years… I kinda gave up and stuck to an easy polish. The weapon of choice? Mer. Probably not loved by many people on this section of the forum, as I don’t see it mentioned much! But, I used to work at a boatyard where occasionally I had to buff up boats worth over a million pounds, and Mer was the product I was given for the job. I figured if it’s good enough for a vehicle worth that much, it’s good enough for my little Clio!

So, my usual cleaning process involves blasting the car with a good old jet wash and soap cleaner, then on to the polish. I managed to see some sun reflecting off a distant window on a neighbour’s house and back on to my bonnet. So I quickly applied the Auto Finesse 'Spirit' wax and a lot of elbow grease (which unfortunately didn't come in the post) and managed to get it off again whilst the sun was still visible… I think the shots came out quite well! The only problem I experienced was my girlfriend attempting to use the stuff as lip balm, it really does smell that good.

null_zps9ffcace7.jpg

null_zpsfc83d8a3.jpg

null_zpsc56bf0df.jpg

Anyway, I found it easy to apply and remove and the paintwork felt great after. The following day, sod’s law of course came into play and the heaven’s opened. This wasn’t such a bad thing though as I managed to take a beading shot for you…

null_zpse3dc0d35.jpg

After I’d finished with the body of the car, I worked my way around the wheels. My process here is simply to Iron-X them then Mer again and of course some tyre shine. But I won’t go into too much detail this time as I didn’t have wheel products to test.

Next up was the plastics. A while ago I asked for recommendations on a product to use because Back to Black just wasn’t cutting it anymore! The resounding recommendation was for Autoglym’s Bumper & Trim Gel. I must admit, I love this product. It works so well and really keeps the rain off and just lasts forever. Was Revive going to beat it? Well… yes and no. I found it very easy to apply, and I must admit it wasn’t as messy, I find B&T Gel can leave marks on surrounding windows etc. The only thing lacking in this product was the shine, I feel it wasn’t quite up there. Still, time will tell and we’ll see how it survives over the coming weeks.

null_zps381a17de.jpg

null_zpsfeeee74c.jpg

null_zps54ab8431.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thought I'd update this with results 7 days later :evil: first on the roof without the AF Spirit wax...

null_zps64899151.jpg

Then the bonnet to which the AF Spirit wax has been applied...

null_zps5476f93d.jpg

And a picture of the whole care because why the hell not eh?

null_zpsc17354b7.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Auto Finesse Dressle: From engine bays to dashboards and all in-between. Aside from the fact there's not much between the engine bay and the dashboard other than some glass, I decided I was going to apply this product to these very two areas. Now, I've owned 8 cars over the last 9 years and I've never, ever cleaned an engine bay. It just never interested me. So I'm afraid I have nothing to compare Dressle to, but maybe that's a more unique perspective going by the guys on here!

Last time I had the bonnet open was to restore my headlights... I used a drill and didn't cover the bay, i.e. splatter everywhere!

And like this it stayed...

EBC3F398-C1DD-4469-9D4C-13A7FEFEB03E_zpsa992rbxe.jpg

C705A5CE-8EA3-4C48-A7AA-07822E5A8405_zpses2ihxa6.jpg

Being new to engine bay cleaning I decided to just attack it with some soapy water and then apply the Dressle through a spray bottle. The results are as follows. An improvement, of course, any tips would be appreciated!

3A53769D-8D12-49C6-8D3B-3ECF3C43D262_zps0lbchzi3.jpg

D345A12E-E845-414B-B724-DA9133D37ECA_zpsv2xm2fkx.jpg

0CD61178-F45A-4CB8-AC0C-6A95DE1AA1D9_zpskawg8fxj.jpg

Whilst I'm at it, total n00b question coming up here... what goes in here!? As yes, it's a little, how should we put it, low!

329A13D5-9A4D-4DCC-8816-F47AFD7EB573_zpsindorc0v.jpg

Next up I'll be using Dressle on my interior clean next week (hopefully)