ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back again! - advice on Clio 200

Golf 7R
Hi Guys - been away for a few years. Had a lovely 2011 clio 200 from new then moved to a Megane 250, then a BMW m135i then (and now) a golf 7R. The golf is going back in August as the lease is up. We've bought a new family beast (peugeot 3008 SUV) and we were thinking we might go down to a 1 car household for a bit. That said I might buy a clio 200, firstly because I miss the hell out of my first one, secondly as one has just popped up on a forecourt 2 minutes from my house, thirdly - well they're just epic cars aren't they!!

If I had a 5k budget what should I be looking for in the car? What are the key things I need to be checking? Is there a buying guide or anything of the sort on this forum?

Does anyone know if they have iso fix points on the rear seats? Does anyone have experience of the big rear facing car seats in the back - I have a cybex sirona. (Its unlikely I'll have to ever put the kids in the car thanks to the family beast but it might be a sticking point if the car seats don't actually fit in the back at all (with my wife - I personally couldn't give a shite!!))

Cheers!!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome mate.

They do have ISOFix in the rear, yep.

There is also a buying guide on the forum however you'd struggle to get anything average for £5k imo.

Golf 7R
Changing the topic massively sorry - how did you find the 135i vs the Megane?

At first I loved the m135i, theres a step up in quality over the megane, the interior is much nicer, much better standard stereo, better seats etc etc etc and the engine was just hugely entertaining, sounds amazing and was mega fast. That said it soon became apparent that if you tried to drive fast on anything but smooth-ish roads it became a real handful. The suspension would bounce you all over the place on bumpy roads so upgraded it to some KW coilovers - this helped a bit but I think I was just chasing the control of the Megane. Basically its a great car for cruising about fast on A roads but if your thing is chucking it around on B roads its nowhere near as fun as the Megane. The megane is still my fave car out of all of the cars I've had

Golf 7R
Welcome mate.

They do have ISOFix in the rear, yep.

There is also a buying guide on the forum however you'd struggle to get anything average for £5k imo.

Yeah I'm starting to see the 5k ones all have their particular 'issues'. Good news on the iso fix points though!

Golf 7R

When you say 'average' do you mean looked after or in terms of spec? I'm after the cup pack on ff or just a standard cup, not too bothered about the recaros or any other nice to have bits - as long as it has the cup pack basically. I'm willing to spend a bit on it in terms of new tyres, maybe a service, or other little bits to get it tip top again. I don't mind a slightly higher mileage car as long as its been serviced and the gearbox seems to be smooth. Not bothered about colour/which alloys/the rest of the spec etc etc - you still think 5k wouldn't get an average car?? Cheers

Hi there,

Prices are beginning to drop and you will start to see higher mileage ones at your budget. There are a few on ebay under your budget, but these seem to be Cat C/Cat D write offs.

I have actually put my Clio 200 Cup for sale last night in the classifieds. It's on for £5650, but I have some lee-way with the price. If you want more info on my car or 200s in general, give me a message.

Golf 7R
Hi there,

Prices are beginning to drop and you will start to see higher mileage ones at your budget. There are a few on ebay under your budget, but these seem to be Cat C/Cat D write offs.

I have actually put my Clio 200 Cup for sale last night in the classifieds. It's on for £5650, but I have some lee-way with the price. If you want more info on my car or 200s in general, give me a message.

Looks perfect! Little bit far to come for one as I'm in the south west that said I'd probably travel.. Not quite there in terms of actually getting one just yet though but thanks for the message