ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2 or Half Life 2 (XBOX)

VaVa
Clart said:
get a decent pc

Why - it'll crash, you have to f**k about with settings, you need to spend twice the amount you could buy a new xbox for on a graphics card just to run the latest games.

The only advantage in using a PC is that it's far easier to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard. imho.

lagerlout1 said:
The only advantage in using a PC is that it's far easier to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard. imho.

That, and superior visuals with far higher resolution and better frame rates. Not to mention the small fact that nearly all the best shooters appear on PC first. But other than THAT... ;)

VaVa
Roy Munson said:
That, and superior visuals with far higher resolution and better frame rates. Not to mention the small fact that nearly all the best shooters appear on PC first. But other than THAT... ;)

I never doubted the superior visuals (albeit played on a pissy little screen) My laptop which has a Mobility 9600 pisses on my XBOX for resolution and sharpness.

And racing games, sports games etc etc are far better on consoles.

But with TV resolution increasing all the time - I would imagine the XBOX 360 on a decent TV would give a PC a run for it's money.

lagerlout1 said:
I never doubted the superior visuals (albeit played on a pissy little screen)
But you sit very close to that high resolution screen. A good PC shooter draws me in to the monitor. A big TV is ok but you have 8ft of carpet/rug between you and the game. The monitor is far better for sniping accuracy and the feel of being 'in' the game.

And racing games, sports games etc etc are far better on consoles.
Generally I'd agree with that, but have you played Toca 2 on the PC in 1280x1024 using an Xbox controller? The higher resolution makes things much easier to see, especially in low camera angles.

But with TV resolution increasing all the time - I would imagine the XBOX 360 on a decent TV would give a PC a run for it's money.
Yep, but you need to spend a fortune on the display.

I like consoles, but stating that the only advantage of a PC is the control system in shooters seems a bit blinkered. There's a world of difference between a power gaming PC and a laptop...even if it is a powerful one.

VaVa
In know there is. But not as great as the difference in cost. Buy XBOX with a game for £100. Plug into tv. Job done.

Spend £1000's on a Power PC, get it up and running. Install software. Install game. Spend hours trial and error trying to get the best settings for your PC.

I play FPS on PC's and whilst things like detail and resolution are nice to talk about on geeky PC forums, they don't really do that much for the game itself - it's the gameplay that makes the game, not how nice it looks imho.

And my xbox ran through my 36" tosh RGB looks just fine to me.

Last edited:
I agree, gameplay is always paramount, but most hardcore PC gamers are willing to pay the extra to have the amazing visuals AND the gameplay. Horses for courses.