ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best product for black plastic...?

BMW F31
as title, whats the best product for keeping the plastic looking black lol, dont really want it shiny but just black :)

TeZ

Non RS : (
Get some AG bumpare care leave put on with a brush leave for a few mins or longer for darker and buf well with a Rag , looks brilliant

BMW F31
when you say a brush, what kind of brush? and does it come off bodywork easily? e.g i dont want a silicone based product if i can help it as it goes on the bodywork after waxing and its not good.

TeZ

na alwas done mine after waxing and it is paint friendly just wipes clean off with a damp rag, and brush i just use a old 1 inch round decoraters brush quiet a hard one as to get all the shite out the dimple in the textured plastics, works a dream

106 GTi
I apply AG bumper care with a Microfiber cloth in most cases as it is a thick gel. Sometimes use a medium/softish brush to rub it into textured trim.

Black Gold 182
best thing ive found for restoring black plastic is a heat gun. plastic turning grey is just down to water init. put a lighter to it first to test it but but it should work...?!?

TeZ

yeah they should have some :) good luck post some pics when your done fella :)

BMW F31
lol bi= 2 = 2 monthly, every two months i treat her to a really good full clean, arches etc etc, usual wash every week consists of cleaning engine bay and washing and drying, but when i treat her/can be arsed i give her 2/3 coats of wax, i have been lazy though and not done wax for about 3 months, getting lazy lol!