ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best R Tyres for Clio 172

R = Radial

you will be wanting speed rating V

this topic will open many different arguments, personally dont think you can do any wrong with

BF Goodrich Profiler G

****awaits the sledging of these tyres****

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Well Bridgestone S02 are renowned for probably being best but on searching the web can only find them in 205/45/16. Possibly available in 195/50/15 if that is your standard size but Im getting 16" wheels when I get new tyres.

S03s replaced these and arent as good. Think Goodyear Eagle F1s or Toyo Proxes are recommended.

Bridgestone bring out the RE050 as fitted to the Enzo Ferrari in June so Im waiting for them.

I heard the zz3s were, um, poo...

Goodyear Eagle f1s every time. Unless youre skint.

In which case, Toyo Proxes T1-ss.

Oh I dont know. Everyone thinks differently!! My bros got a set of budget tyres on his willy3 that were about £15 a corner - absolute sh!te in the wet but damn good fun with zero grip! :D

Goodyear Eagle F1s or Toyos, when Eddd drove mine and Arjuns he said that maybe Arjuns Toyos were a bit more sticky than the Eagle F1s on mine, Im sure for all but the hardest of trackday work either would do a great job, Ive not had any complaints about mine, and infact the first front set lasted 10,000 miles!!!!! even with my driving! ;)

CTR EK9 turbo

My car was at its best when i had goodyear eagles f1s (old type) at the front and the original michleins at the back. Now i have new goodyear eagle f1s all round. Not very impressed. I cant slide my rear end anymore and it feels really boaty!? perhaps my shocks are shot?

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 26 April 2003

My car was at its best when i had goodyear eagles f1s (old type) at the front and the original michleins at the back. Now i have new goodyear eagle f1s all round. Not very impressed. I cant slide my rear end anymore and it feels really boaty!? perhaps my shocks are shot?

Simon I read a tyre review on a Elise website and they commented on not to get F1s as the rear end feels boaty just like you said! I have now seen a few people say this - my tyres are on 1.6mm but I cant decide what to get:confused:

I hear the Toyos T1-s are a really good tyre. These are the tyres i will be putting on my 172 no to expensive a good tyre. + they have a wicked tred on them that looks great from behind the car!!

How can you argue with that :D

Hmmm... I changed from the original Michelin Pilot SX-GTs to Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3s all round - then started posting on here that my shocks had gone, suspension had gone saggy or something was generally wrong with my car. Only later did I realise that it was since fitting them that my car has felt inert and lifeless - not fun and active like it used to. They have loads of grip and are superb in the wet, but I hate them and cant wait to change them (been leaving long Goodyear-sized black lines off the traffic lights recently :oops:)

Mine are the standard 15s though on a Mk1 172, dont know whether the larger 16s are constructed differently or whether the different geometry on a Mk2 affects them in a positive way, but every Mk2 owner seems to rate them...

Just my humble opinion, of course.

33 front, 31 rear - thats what I found worked best in the Michelins... Maybe I should experiment with different pressures???