ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Way To Remove Scratches

Storm Grey 200
Hi, tomorrow im going to working on the numerous scratches on my car, For the ones that havent gone through the paint is "T-Cut" the best thing to use or do you recommend anything? For the ones which have gone though the paint could i use a touch up paint to paint the scratch and then just polish it out with the same T-cut related product?

106 GTi
Working by hand your options are limited.

I dont like T-cut because it is an old fashioned abrassive cutting compound/polish, in the past few years the game has moved on.

Newer products contain diminshing abbrasives which mean they start off with a heavy cut, but break down into a mild finishing polish leaving a great finish. T-cut however does not, it stays abrassive no matter how long you work it/use it for and will install fine marks removing bigger ones.

To be honest your best option is using something like Meguiars Scratch X to remove defects by hand (mulitple applications will be required). Followed up with something more mild like Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

You should always try a mild polish first to see how it cleans things up before cracking out anything more harsh.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thread highjack! I have just purchased a PC (couldn't wait lol) I have also bought Menzerna Intensive Polish (PO85RD 3.02) and Menzerna Final Finish PO106FA. Would this be a good combo in your opinion for use on a Black Gold 182 with pretty bad swirling?

Last edited:
  106 GTi
PO106FA or PO106FF cleaned up marks on it's own on at the weekend and I did not need to crcak out the Intensive Polish.

If you do use the PO85RD 3.02 you will proably get away with Menzerna Final Finish PO85RD after but the PO106FA will do the same with more cut.

Will work well, just need to remember to work them long enough and allow them to break down.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cool. I give up trying to correct it by hand, its just too hard going! Is B/G a pretty hard finish? ........ ie as a pc virgin i won't damage the finish as long as i'm careful?! I'm reading the guides on detailing world as we speak ;)

106 GTi
You should be fine - as said the only thing to watch with the Menz. polishes is you work them so they break down or you will induce micro marring. They take a hell of a lot longer (esp. the PO106FA PO85RD 3.02) and need more passes than something like the Poorboys SSR's but the gloss they create when worked propely is superb.

I was getting about 10-14 passes out of PO106FF at the weekend and that was on a warm day. Once the pad is primed you need to add very little extra product.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cool can't wait!

I have the first week off in july so it gives me something to do! Once i have (hopefully!) the desired finish would say EGP top it off?

106 GTi
You would have to use the SRP first to get the EGP to bond properly. I have done away with the sealants on mine now for summer and just gone Wax.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
PO106FA applied by PC on a renault Megane :cool:

P4151506.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats how my 182 looks nearly!!! I hope i can achieve something like that!!!! Was that just the PO106FA on its own? How long does it take to get that level of finish?

PH1 Oddy, M140i
That shizzle is awsome!! Is this Mezerna (never heard of it by the way) product only for BLACK? Are there Silver codes I should be using?

BMW F31
slightly off topic, but do any of you guys that own a p/c think it would be worth bringing it to FCS to do members cars? ;) just a thought

BMW F31
lol i did think that but surely someone has a genny, or maybe at rockingham they have outlets around?

i for one would be willing to pay (obviously lol) to have my car pc'd as it bloody needs it and seeing the correction you get rich on different cars makes me want to get mine done sooo badly!

plus i reckon there's loads more people that would have it done there etc as its convenient, could make a killing ;)

106 GTi
It would take all day to one car properly!

I will be enjoying the show, you may find someone on here willing to though.

106 GTi
Depending on the amount of defects and how perfect the owner wants it. At least 3 or 4 hours for a basic machine polish and seal up to 10-24 hours for full show quality correction.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hertfordshire if you fancy a little drive over...not too far I don't think as I bought my car in Kent.

Last edited: