ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG swirlssssssss

Clio 182 black gold
I know this would have probably been asked a few times! But I've just purchased a black gold 182 and its swirled to high heaven!!!

I've read on the method in which to clean the car step by step... But I'm looking for best polish to help with the swirling and then the best wax to help protect and give some lovely shine to the black gold

Thanks people.

Clio 182 black gold
A machine polish would be awesome I won't lie, but I think that's gonna be a summer job next year. I've only brought the car this week and want something to keep it a little protected this winter and my money needs to be spent else where making sure she's mechanically sound. So wanted a home diy product to keep me happy and the car looking better than its does now. Looks likes its been foreign hand car washed all its life and I hate it!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
2 bucket clean, poorboys black hole, nattys blue wax, megs quick detailer.
Nice glossy finish.
They are off the shelf products you can get easily.
The stuff i use i dont even know where it comes from or what it is. Its made in a welshmans basement under candlelight and the essence of lamb stew.

Clio 182 black gold
That exactly what I'm after! It will get the 2 bucket treatment this weekend, door shuts and boot don't look like they have ever been cleaned so I'll have my work cut out just cleaning without and polish or wax! That's next weekend job so gonna have a look at the poorboys get some on order for next weekends job!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. It sure is.
Sometimes in the for sale section you can find people selling off some of their collection of stuff for less than half the price new. Try the poorboys stuff out, its really good for the price.

Pic for attention
20160721_190001.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Poorboys Black hole is fantastic. If you are after some cheapish wax to go on top of that for winter then collinite 945 is good and should last till spring if you are lucky.
Machine polishing black gold will make it look incredible and a very well worth investment.

Attachments

• 1475178924705-461454897.jpg
    1475178924705-461454897.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 102
  • 1475178966089-874711758.jpg
    1475178966089-874711758.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 105
  Clio 182 black gold
I'm ready for it lol. Just at garage getting exhaust fitted then it's home to start the long weekend of little jobs!

Clio 182 black gold
This poorboys black hole seems like the one! Shall have that ordered this weekend ready for next weekends deep clean!

BG Clio 182
50 cal cover up is better than black hole. I find autofinesse ultra glaze incredible too.

Personally I'd be having a go by hand with autofinesse Triple. Tbh it's the thing you need really. Then you could glaze over that. If you're putting all the effort into glazes you must wax or ideally seal at this time of year or it'll wear off in a week or so and you've wasted all that time and effort.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably too late, the sheep are hairless and roaming round your bedroom, again. Tough times.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
IMO go to a professional/reputable detailer and have them carry out an enhancement detail with added protection in the form of a ceramic sealant (these can last for 1-2 years). That way you'll get your car back looking fantastic and all you have to do to keep it looking that way is to wash it safely :smiley:

Forget glazes if you really want you paint to shine. invest in cheapy starter kits for machine polishes pads and such, so much better and satisfactory doing it yourself :laughing: that's what I did, although it's turned into a mini addiction, spent a good £300-£500 on stuff now.

Here's my BG after it all wearing vics wax

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F7_1.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is a das pro da worth it over a normal cheaper da? Or rotary? I've used a rotary and although I had to focus more and be careful on the plastic it didn't feel thay bad to use. Although I think I need to look more into the compound sound as it didn't seem to do much to my car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Das pro is easier to use I think. I need to brave it and borrow a rotary, probably won't though lol

BG Clio 182
d51c46a6ab67d0bf71fa40cf1d6bfb94.jpg

Get a DAS 6 pro and learn to machine polish.

A good shine comes from scratch free, smooth paint. A clean corrected car will look shinier wearing a coat of cheap wax than a car that needs a Polish wearing everyou glaze, sealant and million pound wax.

Reactions: Gus