ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 182 Track Toy...

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Great read that.

I note you've mentioned trailer license a few times. With what the Clio weighs now, dependant on your tow vehicle, you could probably get a trailer now and not need to do your license.

I've got a Woodford 400KG trailer with a 1200KG car. I pull it with a MK7 Golf GTD so i imagine your Golf R would pull it too. It does however depends on the MAM of the car and the trailer combined.

Cracking read though!

Thanks mate! My towing vehicle would be my work van as I can store loads of tools/wheels but I would defiantly be over 3.5 tonne. I found a place near me that do a full days training and a test for £400 so might just do that.

Looks mega in that last picture!

Thanks. :up:

This is looking stunning and so meannnnnnnn :smile: nice one

All black for the win :cool:

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Off we go. Next step has finally begun
IMG_3592.JPG

clio 182
Hope it's alright for you mate. Wasn't sure on colour at first but looks good against the black.
You need to get it finished for the Thruxton meet later this year since you're only 5 minutes away from the track!

Anyone else looking for a cage half or full, drop me a message :wink:

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Saw your post on Facebook earlier too mate, out of curiosity what have done to bypass the immobiliser?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Looks epic! Got any pics of the uch/fusebox? Need to relocate/secure mine now Ive had my front cage done.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Right....

Donington today. First time on the circuit and its awesome. Its the first track i've driven where elevation plays a massive part. Loved the whole day. There was lots of fast clio's to play cat and mouse with and @mattsouthall of course. Started off very wet do decided to use the Michelin's and then span at Coppice. Too fast too wet and the wrong angle and knew as soon as I hit the apex the back was going to overtake the front. :tongueclosed: All fine though. Dried out in the afternoon and got the R888R's on and could go much faster. Def will be going back. Heres some pics...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9ea.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9ec.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9ee.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9f0.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9f5.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9f6.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9f7.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9f8.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9fa.jpg

New spec list...

Engine/Gearbox
Ktec Induction Kit
Pure Motorsport Exhaust and Decat
Pure Motorsport A/C Delete
Pure Motorsport Shifter Kit
Suspension/Running Gear
Installed BC Racing Coilovers & Solid Adjustable Top Mounts
Installed Whiteline RARB
Full Suspension/Roll Bar/Dog Bone Polybushed
Axle Spacers Behind and Hubcentric Infront
Camber Bolts/Shims
Hub Stud Conversion
2 Sets of 15" 2118's. R888R's & PilotSport3's
Traction Control/ABS/Steering Lock Delete.
Brembo HC disks, DS1.11 Pads, Braided lines and High Temp Fluid.
Exterior
Ktec Headlight Blanks
TRS Carbon Fiber Roof Vent
CMComposite Splitter
CMComposite Canards
CMComposite Brake Ducts
RickyEvans Heated Screen
Interior
Removed Trim/Loom/Sound Deadening/Heater Matrix & Fans
Dash Top Flocked with CMComposite Dashpod
Sparco Evo LF Buckets
Scroth 6 Point Harness
OMP Steering Wheel/Momo Boss
Full cage by Tom Johnson

Things to do before next track day....
Rear disk bolt thread has ruined so need so change that. No idea why that's happened and its the second time! Any ideas?
Fit DS1.11 Pads
Renew Fluid/New Bleed Nipples/Bleed brakes.
Finish Fitting Brake Ducts
Fit Aero Catches. Got black flagged at Donington for the catch failing and it coming up (secondary catch caught it).

Long term plans
Buy a trailer (first on the list)
Gripper Diff
Fiberglass Donnet/Doors/Tailgate
Plastic Windows.
Map at EFI
Lower Subframes

Think that's it :smilingimp: And shes home....

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9fc.jpg

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Saw your post on Facebook earlier too mate, out of curiosity what have done to bypass the immobiliser?

I to would like to understand how this was done as I'm just about to put in the MSA electrical cut out equipment and if fairly easy would like to get this done as well. Great build btw

I asked my mechanic and now I've seen it in person I understand it a bit more. For the moment we had kept the key to work the immobiliser/alarm/central locking for security. Turning the key now does nothing it just needs the key in, the ignition is controlled by the switch. When I get round to fibreglass doors the whole lot will be removed and it will be controlled purely by the switch. As to how it's actually done I have no idea. Hope that helps.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I asked my mechanic and now I've seen it in person I understand it a bit more. For the moment we had kept the key to work the immobiliser/alarm/central locking for security. Turning the key now does nothing it just needs the key in, the ignition is controlled by the switch. When I get round to fibreglass doors the whole lot will be removed and it will be controlled purely by the switch. As to how it's actually done I have no idea. Hope that helps.

Ahh that makes sense, I may have to make up something to hold the chip and ring then if I decide to lose the ignition barrel setup

Thanks mate

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Today's efforts. New rear disk and studs after I killed them on the last outing. 😅

IMG_3934.JPG

New pads. 4 track days those 2500's have done. Replaced with ds1.11's

IMG_3935.JPG

As I got black flagged at Dony for the bonnet latch failing twice :grimacing: thought I would get some cheap pin latches from DT. Will get replaced with nice carbon aero catches when I go fibreglass but these will do till then

IMG_3936.JPG

Got new bumper ties as mine has perished and should bleed the brakes as they haven't been done in 6 months but got new nipples on the way so no point in doing it now. Done a fluid/bolt check and we are ready for the next outing. :cool:

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Couple of snaps from brands today...

IMG_4184.JPG
IMG_4187.JPG
IMG_4188.JPG

Car behaved itself, really enjoyed the circuit and had a blast. Think I've nackered one of the front disks as I'm getting a lot of juddering/vibration under breaking. So I've ordered some new disks and will go from there. Nice to be taking the car out and enjoying it rather than looking at it sat in the garage.