ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC cda airfilter

K&N what a load of sh*te!!!!

Im looking for an adaptor plate that goes on to the throttle housing as all Clio 16 valve owners would know that the standerd shape is bloody oval!http://www.renaultsportsclub.co.uk/forums/icon_smile_angry And WTF are those pipes for that go in and around the filter? the frenchies have to be damn akward.

Im looking to slapp on a BMC enclosed air filter box with direct feed due to all that hot air around the engine bay.

Anybody know of anyone with this type of filter (BMC) on thier valver?

If so what r the results?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Iv got one. It came today, but i havent seen it yet though. Gonna have a go at fitting it tonight!!!!

I have a contact email for a company that can make the adaptors mate, ill give it you when i get back home, cheers

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I remember Nick Read saying when he put one one his it was that good he went out in the car every night for a week. lol

LOL

I bought a Ramair Supa-Ram induction kit hoping that it might come with it, as I saw it on the pic:p

Although the kit only cost me £23 on ebay so hey mailto:fu@k">f**k it! if it does its all good Ill nick the BMC my cousins got on his PUG 205 GTI:devilish: and if it dont ill just ram in the Ram:cool:

BMW 320d Sport

Good memory Mr Adams! Yeah the BMC was hot stuff. Then again I should bloody hope so, the amount of hassle it was getting it to fit the throttle body. In fact even finding a space for it in the engine bay was tricky!

BTW LOL youre thinking about changing the induction to a carbon airbox and youre suprised there are a few little pipes there! Quality!:D One is for the idle speed control valve and the other is the breather pipe to the rocker cover. If youre gonna leave them dangling (which you can) both will need breather filters on them just to tidy it all up and make sure no sh*t gets in there. Although Im sure Ben will say you must plumb the breather back into the inlet tract somehow. Or maybe he wont?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Nick, I have your old kit on my car as we speak. I just finished fitting it. Right b**ch. I couldnt get it where yours was so I have fitted it facing the back. Just need to get the cold air feed to the front as it just aiming at the ground at the min.

The orange pipe to the throttle body hasa few splits so im gonna get something else tomorrow, any recomendations??

I got the 2 breather too. Its a lot lot quieter than the K&N and feels nice to drive, but I think its in need of the cold air feed to the front really.

:p
you dont have to....but it wont be a breather system after will it! lol

for minimal work, itll be for the better.

What about the adaptor plate? Do any airfilters for the clio 16v come with one?

Like the Ram Air Supa-ram im sure i see it on the pic.

Anything is better than just haveing the K&N stuck straight on to the the throttle housing.

Boy just imagine how much hot air my clio sucks in when the fan kicks in:(would have been better of with the friggen standerd black box!!!!

Damn the tit head I bought the car off!!:mad:

Yo Nick,

I c a picture of one clio with BMC on it, I think it was probably yours.

Did you have the cold air feed pipe on it or was just aimed outwards to the front with out the feed.

Hey mate if you got any pics of would be nice to c;)

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

So the Viper is now for sale for the 16v?

Id like to know if these forced induction kits make an induction roar too.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

not really, mines a lot quieter than the K&N. I dont mind though, car feels a lot more responsive. K&N = poo poo

nICE PIC

Where did you get the adaptor plate for the throttle housing?

And I must say thats a clean looking coolant tank mines all orange with bare sh*te leaking out of it from the cap:(

Any one got a cheap spare coolant tank for sale? im in essex.

P.s. BRUN whats your valver like with the BMC????

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

That aint Bruns, its mattys i think....!

I fitted a CDA last night, right b**ch. The extra pipes, I fitted tiny breathers on em. Once I get it fitted properly tomorrow and tidied up ill post some pics.....

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea that aint mine, i got an RT

just posted it for you to all look at, i hoard pics of Clios an i knew i had one with a CDA on it

Quote: Originally posted by Mikey16vClio on 09 May 2003

So the Viper is now for sale for the 16v?

Id like to know if these forced induction kits make an induction roar too.
Before you get thinking, they are NOT i repeat NOT forced induction, there is NO positive pressure at all....NONE.

Dont fall into that trap, the benefit is that they are totally SEALED kits which only take air from the location you place the inlet.

I guess ill re-aim my questions to Matty then, Adam where can I get those breathers from for the other little pipes?

My cousin wants to get rid of his pug some im gonna nick his BMC;)

Hes also got one of those red top batteries that cost quite a bit, I think me will nick that too:devilish:

HAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Filters for breather pipes can be got from any motorist shop. K&N, BMC, Pipercross and no-name brands do them which just jubilee clip around the breather hose.

Place I got my BMC from knocked up the adaptor and fitted it etc with SFS silicone hose that was cut to suit.

Think I was supposed to go back so they could tidy it up etc and start doing more but I didnt.

Had a K&N on the car when I got it and BMC is quieter but does what it should, keep out the hot air from under the bonnet and direct cold air in. Well worth the money.