ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Catch?

PH2 172
Had my free bonnet catch check by Renault chippenham today and they replaced my catch with a new catch as mine was corroded glad i had the check.

Renaultsport Clio 182
i never bothered going back to Renault. the problem seems very rare on RS cars as it was the campus model that was most affected i think.

having said that i oil the catch myself every 2-3 months just to be on the safe side

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Same for me . A quick spray with oil for me as well . Obviously if it's coroded then you did the right thing in getting it changed .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ I received a letter from Renault . All registered owners should have done . I wouldn't bother wasting an hour or so of my life just to spray it with WD40 tbh .

Oh wait, is this related to a thread where someone said Renault used 'Approved Renault Lube'? :S

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Renault use lube for many things . Usually for service costs though ;) Bend over Sir ......

Id rather lube it myself then have some frenchman lube me up with his motion lotion talking sweet whispering french cuisine in my ear.

Dirty rotten bandits.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mine got replaced when it went in for a service and it wasnt even a renault dealer

?
Can anyone advise me what to do? i recently bought a 2nd hand clio so obviously dont have the letter for the bonnet catch. Can i just take my car to be booked in without a letter?

Renaultsport Clio 182
Can anyone advise me what to do? i recently bought a 2nd hand clio so obviously dont have the letter for the bonnet catch. Can i just take my car to be booked in without a letter?

if its not rusted dont bother - just spray with WD40 every few months and job done

Renaultsport Clio 182
but that's all they'll do for you in the workshop so why waste your own time??

if you're adamant about going just ring and ask. see what they say. you may find that the previous owner has already taken it in - they should be able to check using the reg number

Never above 25mpg
If it isn't rusted they wont replace it!

Mine was literally orange and covered in rust so I got a brand new one :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
if their is ANY rust on the upper catch on the bonnet, it will be replaced

its usually the upper catch 99/100 thats the problem and it affects ALL Mk2 Clios, an RS doesnt have some kind of special bonnet catch LOL

Clio on SL 2118s
i had mine done a few weeks back. he said there was a bit of corrosion and he would change it.
i said to the woman at the desk that i wasnt sure if my car was affected and she said that they have recently had new guidelines to go by, so most were being replaced.