ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet replacement

Clio 182 sport
ok so my beloved 182 sport and me have a little bump into some sill b**ch that decided it would be fun to brake to a full stop on a roundabout,for no apparent reason ... that's a rant for another day the problem is i've dented my bonnet and its now out of shape in a few places and doesn't sit flush on either front side...its a bodywork job and i simply don't have the money for that,however i've seen a black bonnet in decent condition for £50 delivered on ebay,its off a 5 door clio mk2 (same year)though it looks identical to mine my question is will it fit my 182 sport (excluding that the colours gonna be black not black/gold) ..many thanks in advance

oh and everyone get yourself dashcams if id had one i was told i wouldn't be loosing 7 yrs no claims and id be the one claiming whiplash from a 5 mph bump instead of her.

It'll fit, there all the same. Will be a different shad of black like you said.

As for a dash cam, wouldn't have made a difference. As bad as it is, you should always leave space in front just in case, regardless of the car in fronts actions you'll be deemed responsible.

Clio 182 sport
It'll fit, there all the same. Will be a different shad of black like you said.

As for a dash cam, wouldn't have made a difference. As bad as it is, you should always leave space in front just in case, regardless of the car in fronts actions you'll be deemed responsible.
cheers mate appreciate the info ill get it ordered now ..as for the dashcam your probably right but there were other circumstances to said accident that the insurance company thought may have helped my case,its left me feeling rather stupid as i'm always so aware of my surroundings but in this case i got duped,end product is i should've seen what she did half a second more of braking and i would've stopped in time ..many thanks again

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Surely the new bonnet wont sit properly regardless? You'll be able to get a proper BG 182 bonnet around that price too, message the breakers on here.

Clio 182 sport
Surely the new bonnet wont sit properly regardless? You'll be able to get a proper BG 182 bonnet around that price too, message the breakers on here.
the frame is fine mate as is everything else its the actual bonnet that is out of shape the impact knocked the front inwards and that in turn put a slight indentation in either side of it at the front and thats whats causing the thing to not sit flush any longer on the lower sides,and many thanks ill have a look see what they have knocking about didnt think id get one posted for that price tbh :smile:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is it undrivable with the current bonnet? If it was me, i'd keep that one until I find a BG bonnet as i'd just regret it as Pearl black is a fair bit different. Espeially when clean! I'd understand if you need to fit one ASAP to be able to drive it safely though. Are you not claiming through insurance too? You'll lose no claims either way and this is why you have it.

Clio 182 sport
Is it undrivable with the current bonnet? If it was me, i'd keep that one until I find a BG bonnet as i'd just regret it as Pearl black is a fair bit different. Espeially when clean! I'd understand if you need to fit one ASAP to be able to drive it safely though. Are you not claiming through insurance too? You'll lose no claims either way and this is why you have it.
i have a £600 excess(feel an idiot now though) to keep insurance low as i'm a full time carer for my gran and get pennies for it,its gonna be cheaper to do it myself mate,cars driveable totally its just doing my nut in haha ,maybe ill hold back i wasnt thinking the color would make much difference unless in the sunlight..but think ill hold back a a direct replacement now ..cheers mate