ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BOSCH ABS SOFTWARE VERSION

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
How do I know if I have Bosch ABS 5.7 OR 8 ?

2 different orders to bleeds ABS pump according to manual , my car is a 53 reg sport .

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
http://phoon.co.uk/cliosport/
Have a look in the workshop manual round about p140, I think there is only one way but could be wrong. You could always bleed both methods wont be any harm in doing that.
Why do you need to bleed the abs pump? is the pedal travel excessive or did you let the brake fluid drain out completely.
It is a royal pain the bum to bleed the ABS - I had to do it a few weeks ago and ended up using CLIP to activate the ABS pump whilst I bled it. do you have CLIP by any chance?
Easybleed kit is useful in this situation too.

How do I know if I have Bosch ABS 5.7 OR 8 ?

2 different orders to bleeds ABS pump according to manual , my car is a 53 reg sport .

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yes I removed the lines from the front calipers and yes brake fluid drained !
I think the software is 5.7 I think clio mk3 is ABS 8.
I have the Rs tuner with ABS software so I have used the bleed function and open the nipple then bled each caliper , I wasn't getting much oil trough so ive probably got air in the lines now so my idea was to try bleed via the pedal or try sucking the oil from the caliper with a compressor.

How did you do it on clip ? did you just activate each valve and let the pump pulse while pressing pedal ? then close bleed nipple when the cycle finished ?

Did you then move onto front caliper or did you do the rear so many times before moving on ?

I do have an easibleed somewhere but never used it.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes I removed the lines from the front calipers and yes brake fluid drained !
I think the software is 5.7 I think clio mk3 is ABS 8.
I have the Rs tuner with ABS software so I have used the bleed function and open the nipple then bled each caliper , I wasn't getting much oil trough so ive probably got air in the lines now so my idea was to try bleed via the pedal or try sucking the oil from the caliper with a compressor.

How did you do it on clip ? did you just activate each valve and let the pump pulse while pressing pedal ? then close bleed nipple when the cycle finished ?

Did you then move onto front caliper or did you do the rear so many times before moving on ?

I do have an easibleed somewhere but never used it.
Tip 1 - buy cheap brake fluid - 5L you will need shitloads of it so dont use expensive fluid.
Dont use the pedal method with dry lines it probably wont work - I tried this. I would use easibleed to start with to get fluid in to the system. It needs to be forced in from experience.
Once you have done easibleed on all corners you can then move on to using rstuner to do a bleed. Once that has been done on all 4 corners you then have to activate ABS whilst bleeding. CLIP has options for brake bleeding and also activating ABS actuators.

Its a nightmare and takes forever. You will be bleeding for ages. I probably did the above 5 times and its still not perfect.
Good luck.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Oh right im assuming the RS Tuner doesn't have the facility to activate ABS actuators I know you can select each actuator and press pump motor ?
Would that be the same ?
Sorry if I sound thick !
Its annoying me ! I cant even move the car as no insurance or tax yet and no brakes

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It is Bosch 5.7 on the Mk2 Clio

You can activate the abs pump with the rst module:
Read and clears all pending/stored ABS ECU fault codes.
ABS Hydraulic unit and Brake circuits bleeding.
ABS Pump motor test.

Worth having your car battery connected to a charger as you do it, don't want it going flat.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Sorted , bled it using the software and a compressor to suck it through the calipers .

Had to do it about four times but I now have a pedal , need to test on the roads once I get my other jobs done.