ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake master cylinder

clio trophy
changed the springs today and by complete coincidence the master cylinder has completly shat itself

any ideas on part numbers and where to buy?

its a 182, i guess the Trophy is the same as the others?

thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
changed the springs today and by complete coincidence the master cylinder has completly shat itself
What are the symptoms of it ?
any ideas on part numbers and where to buy?

its a 182, i guess the Trophy is the same as the others?

thanks

clio trophy

when driving, pedal travels to the floor, with limited breaking, pumping brings it back up to a decent height and full braking. no leaks at calipers or anywhere else, fluid level is ok
its had four new calipers and new braided flexi's a few months ago.

if i go to the car now, cold, and push the brake pedal it will push with some resistance, but not a lot, to the floor with what sounds like a rush of air.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
when driving, pedal travels to the floor, with limited breaking, pumping brings it back up to a decent height and full braking. no leaks at calipers or anywhere else, fluid level is ok
its had four new calipers and new braided flexi's a few months ago.

if i go to the car now, cold, and push the brake pedal it will push with some resistance, but not a lot, to the floor with what sounds like a rush of air.
Id agree with changing the master cylinder. I think I may have to do mine too which im not looking forward to.
@MarcR™ - any chance you still have the part number for this - im guessing it will be the same as your one on your trophy :up::up:

clio trophy
Id agree with changing the master cylinder. I think I may have to do mine too which im not looking forward to.
@MarcR™ - any chance you still have the part number for this - im guessing it will be the same as your one on your trophy :up::up:

from my local M.D

The master cylinder part price is £204.00 inc VAT which also includes the brake fluid required.

The fitted price is £372.00 inc VAT.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The master cylinder part price is £204.00 inc VAT .

@benjfrst if you are getting charged £204 just for the cylinder you are getting your back side shafted.
Below is the correct Renault UK details

As above I have had mine changed on the trophy and this is the correct info I have from the invoices.
The Correct part you are looking for is -

Make - TEVES
Pt No - 7701207754
RRP - £136.18+vat

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 18.24.46.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 18.24.39.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 18.23.47.png

PH2 172
Remember the Trophy was the parts bin special so it could be different to the 182s and 172s.
Only reason I know for a fact it's that as mine had to be changed and replaced with a genuine part
If it came out the megane parts bin, it should be even cheaper with a multitude of aftermarket alternatives.
7701207754 does not google or ebay, so I guess that incorrect.

clio trophy
@benjfrst if you are getting charged £204 just for the cylinder you are getting your back side shafted.
Below is the correct Renault UK details

As above I have had mine changed on the trophy and this is the correct info I have from the invoices.
The Correct part you are looking for is -

Make - TEVES
Pt No - 7701207754
RRP - £136.18+vat

View attachment 191226 View attachment 191227 View attachment 191228

thanks il contact them and ask them why the price hike

thanks ive seen it, but really after an oem replacement
I've got a working 182 master cylinder with attached res if you're interested, pm me.

thanks for the offer, i think im going to replace it with a new item.

clio trophy
Car manufacturers do not do not produce any components.
Just bolt parts produced to their specification together to make a car.

i want one of the three original equipment manufacturers , specifically the teves / ate that is coming off. Delphi were not one of the original suppliers.

cheers.