ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pedal goes to the floor when turn the ignition on

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Car has been standing for years , I installed goodridge lines up front but had them off for a week.
tried 2 man method originally with no success .

Ive got the ABS Bleed software so ive attempted bleeding from the pump at each caliper , pedal is quite hard with igniton off.

As soon as you fire up the car , the pedal just goes straight to the floor.

I was going to see if I can get a friend round to try do a 2 man manual pump now ive had the valves open with the software.

would this happen if master cylinder was knackered or would you not get any pressure in the pedal with ignition off ?

I don't fancy paying £200 for a master cylinder and still having the issue .

ive searched on here and a lot have had the issue but had different solutions .

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
We've had this with our track car, in short it the ABS pump that's the problem. We check and change the fluid every year (normally do 4/5 track days a year), we were at Silverstone and over the day we slowly started to lose the pedal (did half its travel then started biting), bled but felt good again. 6months later we did Snett and ended up with nothing, so got the car in the garage jacked it up, bled everything in the 'correct' order and the pedal felt immense. Got the car down and started her up... to the floor WTF?!?! So tried again and again nothing so that ended the day.

We went through many different checks to eliminate each scenario, bleeding with the ignition on, off, running the car and going through the gears and breaking to get the ABS to work but it was only ever biting on the passenger side not the drivers side (crossed circuit Front Left > Rear Right and visa versa). We stripped the calipers and rebuilt them with new break seal kits etc. and got our hands on a Renault Clip. We ran the bleed sequence about 8 times before we eventually managed to bleed all the air out of the ABS pump, it was an absolute b*****d. Now the breaks are the best they've ever been.

I hope this helps you, if not I'm sorry.