ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Upgrades - Brembo vs Wilwood vs Compbrake vs AP Racing

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looking to upgrade my front brakes on a Clio 182 Hillclimb car. Have been using standard calipers with Carbone Lorraine brake pads for years and love them, can out brake most cars on track. Deciding to upgrade mainly due to weight savings and the calipers being due a replacement. Anyone have any experience with these? I've messaged the companies in the title for the weight of the calipers and will post on here if I hear back.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Brembo if on a budget. Otherwise AP Racing.

Wilwood and Compbrake compromise on the pad area.
Meaning that the wilwood pads are smaller than the original or smaller than the Brembo pads?

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Compbrake seam to be the lightest but not much in it. AP Racing are almost twice the price but there's a carbon lorraine pad that fits too. I'll be getting those but need to figure out if they can fit behind 15x8 et28 RPF1s? If there an easy way to check before ordering?