ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Some inspirational footage for you shagger

Next time though I'll be there, post note to the bumper kind of tutoring haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flol like I need any!! I'll leave it to you to explain to natalie that if I go again, nothing will go wrong though! Lol! We've had a discussion already, and it didn't go down all that well......
IMG_3105.JPG

Clio 182
We certainly are, will be bolted up to a Sadev box so really looking forward to seeing what it can do. Reiger suspension is scheduled to arrive mid January and the plan is to be finished for April fingers crossed.
View attachment 172138 View attachment 172139
Tell me you're going to run some decent engine management that can handle the shift cut + throttle blip? It would be a shame for it to not be singing on full form!

richard1764

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, R33 GTR, UT
Tell me you're going to run some decent engine management that can handle the shift cut + throttle blip? It would be a shame for it to not be singing on full form!
We bought the full package from Mark including R3 carbon intake, PMS manifold, BTB exhaust and Gen90 Ecu and loom and lots of other ancillaries. This means it's pretty much plug and play and apparently the Gen90 can be setup for shift cut.

Clio 182
This means it's pretty much plug and play and apparently the Gen90 can be setup for shift cut.
Good to hear - make sure you get the gear blip setup too, I've not played with the GEN90 but with the vehicles I work on going to a fully closed loop blip & cut made a massive difference to the service intervals on the single seaters.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well it's been a busy couple of weeks for me on the run up to Christmas! I decided that I wanted the garage floor to be given a lick of paint, so after the cup shell was collected it was time to make a start.

After a few conversations with bigash I decided to use some paint from Watco.
IMG_3150.JPG
I enlisted the old man to do the rollering whilst I did the cutting in, and this was the end result after 2 coats. If you're looking to do a similar job, I can't recommend the product, or Watco highly enough!!
IMG_3151.JPG
Excuse the wall that's cream - I haven't had time to do that yet, but I'll be tackling it in the new year.
Today's activities found me using snowfoam for the first time! The floor paint was hardened off enough for me to finally put the AG in the garage, so it had to be clean and shiny!
IMG_3161.JPG
After that it was treated to a coat of AF tripple and tucked up in its (nearly) freshly painted home.
IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_3164.JPG
I can honestly say, I love this car! Akrapovic evolution and some Michelin pilot cup tyres for 2017. :cool: After I've booked my spitfire flight though! Lol!

Merry Christmas folks! :up:

RB Clio 182
Well it's been a busy couple of weeks for me on the run up to Christmas! I decided that I wanted the garage floor to be given a lick of paint, so after the cup shell was collected it was time to make a start.

After a few conversations with bigash I decided to use some paint from Watco. View attachment 172748I enlisted the old man to do the rollering whilst I did the cutting in, and this was the end result after 2 coats. If you're looking to do a similar job, I can't recommend the product, or Watco highly enough!! View attachment 172747Excuse the wall that's cream - I haven't had time to do that yet, but I'll be tackling it in the new year.
Today's activities found me using snowfoam for the first time! The floor paint was hardened off enough for me to finally put the AG in the garage, so it had to be clean and shiny! View attachment 172749After that it was treated to a coat of AF tripple and tucked up in its (nearly) freshly painted home. View attachment 172750View attachment 172751 I can honestly say, I love this car! Akrapovic evolution and some Michelin pilot cup tyres for 2017. :cool: After I've booked my spitfire flight though! Lol!

Merry Christmas folks! :up:
Looks f**king quality that mate, i really love the mk 3's!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I'm certainly hoping that's the case with the akra! Especially considering the cost!!
I'v noticed everything's expensive for a mk3..... 🙈 Like you though I absolutely love the new one!

Let me know how the Akra goes Mark, as if I'm going road, I'm going to need something a little quieter :grimacing:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'v noticed everything's expensive for a mk3..... 🙈 Like you though I absolutely love the new one!

Let me know how the Akra goes Mark, as if I'm going road, I'm going to need something a little quieter :grimacing:
Yeah will do mate, although I've got a standard manifold to have repaired and then fit before the akra will be going on. If your system is fully decatted, I think they're loud though tbh from what I've read

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I don't know if you've heard one in person but they are worth the money imo

They don't video well but in person they're epic. They sound almost like r3 exhausts. Just not as loud lol
No mate not heard one in person, but they sound good in the videos I've watched.

Yeah R3 sound is what I like! Especially if it's quieter! Lol

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Yeah will do mate, although I've got a standard manifold to have repaired and then fit before the akra will be going on. If your system is fully decatted, I think they're loud though tbh from what I've read
Yeah fully decatted so that's adding a little.... the bigger issue is most possibly the lack of rear seats & panelling as seemingly it doesn't sound as loud externally as it does in side

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah fully decatted so that's adding a little.... the bigger issue is most possibly the lack of rear seats & panelling as seemingly it doesn't sound as loud externally as it does in side
Well that's gonna be loud then mate with an akra! Mine needs to be reasonable in the cabin moreso for when the little 'un is in the car with me.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well that's gonna be loud then mate with an akra! Mine needs to be reasonable in the cabin moreso for when the little 'un is in the car with me.
The Akro sounds great. I didn't realise Fraser's had one when I had a shot, I was was more impressed with the handling. To be fair as it was his I wasn't thrashing it, just a casual drive from KNOCKHILL to his house with it, but it did sound great low down, not droany at all just very throaty so I think a good choice

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The Akro sounds great. I didn't realise Fraser's had one when I had a shot, I was was more impressed with the handling. To be fair as it was his I wasn't thrashing it, just a casual drive from KNOCKHILL to his house with it, but it did sound great low down, not droany at all just very throaty so I think a good choice
It definitely sounds like the most child ear friendly exhaust option!