ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brecon Drive out

Fiesta ST-3
Right after speaking or listening in on you guys that attended the last meet it became clear that alot of you would be intrested in a day meet (weekend) where we can all go on a scenic drive, enjoying the mountain roads and scenery Wales has to offer. Also stop for some pub grub and pictures along the way.

So here is a route I propose

Untitled-4.jpg

Its 2 hours long round trip (without picture stops)

Starting at Merthyr Tydfil then onto:

• abergavenny
  • Llangors
  • Felinfach
  • sennybridge

Then returning to Merthyr. The route covers many mountain roads and passes the odd very large lake. It will also take us through a few large towns with no doubt good places to stop and eat.

This is only a proposal and nothing is set in stone. Please let me know if its a good idea and if your keen and add your thoughts. Otherwise its back to the drawing board.

Scott

Brisol my lover..
I have done that route or much the same a few times its awesome. We stayed in the farmers arms in crickhowell and then drove round to Merthyr inc Epynt.
Prob is getting time off otherwise i would come along when are you thinking about doing it??

Last edited:
  Jap Box
Sounds great! What date you planning on doing it? If its a saturday ill have to get the day booked off work see.

Live in Merthyr also so I know all the roads these and can help if needed :)

Fiesta ST-3
Ive no idea what the route is like. Scenic or not?

I was thinking a late weekend in October? I haven't given a set date yet as i just want to generate some intrest! Let me know.

Fiesta ST-3
Ok guys me and Will. are discussing a joint meet so i will post details up soon once we have had a gossip :drunk:

Jap Box
Saturday would be a no go for me now :( work says no holidays from October through christmas time.

I have every Friday free though so I can do them :)

Focus RS + S3
is this the sort or route we had the eventfull saxo met on lmao

dont think its the exact same route, but its clsoe by, tbh i didnt know where that range was:

dscf9792.jpg

Faded trophy
i dont know never been there before or since but they were awsome roads and if we could get into the german village that would be class for pictures aslong as the range isnt live lmao