ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bristol Clique - Chew Valley Drive and Breakfast

banther

ClioSport Club Member
There are a few of us in Bristol now that are of the non mong variety and it would be good to meet you all.

Just trying to get some ideas for a drive and late breakfast event on a Saturday or Sunday in June.

Initial thoughts for driving locations;

Chew Valley
Over the Mendips
Photo opp at Cheddar gorge

There is a nice cafe at Chew Valley lakes called Lillypool Cafe (http://www.lillypoolcafe.co.uk/) that would be good for a stop off.

As you can tell, loose ideas at the moment but if there is some interest I will plan routes and go into more detail.

As an initial suggestion I will say 22nd June meet at 8.30am.

Please register your interest and suggestion.

@Wick @Lawro @TomSx @Mr.Potato

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
21st would better for me. Mrs is at Ascot so i'd be free from my ball and chain.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That is the weekend after Le Mans, so Mr Potato will still be in France trying to find his way home without his passport or any clothes.

If it was later in the day, I may make the trip SW way....I have a dinner party the night before so will be too intoxicated to drive early in the morning.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm only coming to break up the clique.

I'll have to check, Mrs Cub won't love the fact I'll have spend 5 days over the prior weekend drunk and watching cars race around, only to leave her to prepare for the dinner party. I'll see how brave I feel :eek:

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
First weekend of June is FCS, 2nd and 3rd weekend's are a no go for me due to holiday but I could do the last weekend or June? 29th?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
OK

So interested we have;

1. Banther - Available all
2. Tomsx - Available 21st
3. Cub (potentially) - Available 22nd pm. Possible 21st although unlikely.
4. Wrighty - Available?
5. Lawro - Available 29th

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have no idea when I am free but will try and come along, guess I should take the winter wheels off of the civic now :eek:

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Im sure you'll be gutted thinking about us while you're nose deep in a soggy seafood salad.

Its alright we will have a super exclusive one at some point just for you.

As long as you clean long as you clean my car ;)

I probably will be mate, I expect I will be having my ear chewed about watching the World Cup in the pub for the whole holiday!

We will sort something out mate.. I will get the 80 grit ready.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I'm up for coming to meet a few of you. Will there be a bristol convoy to fcs albeit only 30min drive away.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Cool.

1. Banther - Available all
2. Tomsx - Available 21st
3. Cub (potentially) - Available 22nd pm. Possible 21st although unlikely.
4. Wrighty - Available?
5. Lawro - Available 29th
6. McGherkin - Available.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
We'll see how s**t this one is before arranging another.

Please bear in mind peeps that this is not a "meet" just a few people going for a drive and having some foodz.

Need to get the plan rock solid now!! Off to Google Maps I go.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
What do you think we do at the Barn Owl? I know what you mean though.

I've no idea!!

Weird that I used to go there all the time as my sister is a partner at Ashfords over the road!

Yeah - this shall be a rather lax affair. It is a Saturday after all.

I'm off on hols for 2 weeks on the Monday so I'll be in maximum chilled out mode.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
OK chaps.

So - I would like some solid figures on attendance (I know my organisation is poor).

We have (at the moment) 3 options;

Fosse Way;

Fosseway_zpscb70e24d.png

A369 taking in Chew Valley & the Mendips;

ChewValleyMap_zpsde70e474.png

Or something a bit more adventurous going up to Brecon (subtle changes can be made to the route as necessary).

Wales_zps4f4958f7.png

I am keen to really pin this down now. So @TomSx @Carbonraider @McGherkin Matt W Cub. (I doubt you're attending what with Le Mans madness) Wrighty. Jamie86 what time can you do on Saturday? I'm thinking now push it later in the morning and stop off somewhere for lunch and 1 Beer? I will find a suitable venue dependent on route.

Any preferences? Something I've missed off? Good routes?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Lol.

It'll probably just be you and me so tell me you caaaaaant!!

Unfortunately Lawro. is too busy fingering some rotten crotched E'd up Geordie over in 'Bifa to grace us with his presence.