ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bristol Clique - Chew Valley Drive and Breakfast

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Cheddar is absolutely do-able.

Just I know its a favourite haunt of Tom's and I've been recently so a tad boring! Plus you spend most of the drive on the motorway which, when you drive a little toy car, is not the most pleasing of prospects.

172 cup
I may not be able to make this now guys, it looking like I might have a rugby friendly I will keep you posted.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
TBH the best place to meet before setting off might be my house!!

I live about 1 minute off J16 M5 and have plenty of space for cars. Coffee & bacon rolls could also be provided. There is also a small Tesco around the corner (literally) to stock up on drinks etc. should you require them and a large Tesco petrol station with 98 fuel about 0.5 miles up the road.
Wrighty. no problem mate. Who do you play for? I used to play for Clifton a few years back.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
Howd the interview go anyway?

Quite well thanks, although turns out their company website is misleading and the whole company consists of 5 people. Not sure if it's worth the gamble of leaving a secure low paid job for it though :S

172 cup
TBH the best place to meet before setting off might be my house!!

I live about 1 minute off J16 M5 and have plenty of space for cars. Coffee & bacon rolls could also be provided. There is also a small Tesco around the corner (literally) to stock up on drinks etc. should you require them and a large Tesco petrol station with 98 fuel about 0.5 miles up the road.
@Wrighty. no problem mate. Who do you play for? I used to play for Clifton a few years back.

Just Yatton I haven't been playing long I played at school a fair bit and then just been a lazy b*****d for the best part of 7 years haha, I have a few mates who used to play for Clifton when they were younger, what position did you play?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Just Yatton I haven't been playing long I played at school a fair bit and then just been a lazy b*****d for the best part of 7 years haha, I have a few mates who used to play for Clifton when they were younger, what position did you play?

If you met me you'd know! Loosehead prop for 15 years. 0 points scored. Proper!

OT - TIMES PEOPLE. TIMES!!!!!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I reckon we stay local-ish. Big free air show in WSM..

Saturday 21st June
Displays
13.00 RAF Falcons Parachute Team (sponsored by
Weston College)
13.25 Royal Navy Lynx Black Cat
13.38 Scottish Aviation
Bulldog
13.51 Calidus Autogyro
14.04 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (sponsored by Agilisys)
14.24 RAF Tutor
14.37 Sea King helicopter

14.47 ‘Raging Rhino’ muscle bi plane
15.00 Royal Navy Historic Flight
Swordfish
15.13 Royal Navy Historic Flight Sea Fury
15.26 B17 Flying
Fortress
15.45 Red 10 arrival
16.15 Army Air Corps Lynx helicopter
aerobatics
16.28 RAF Tucano (sponsored by Bristol Airport)
16.45 RAF Red
Arrows
17.10 The Hawker Hunter
17.25 Red 10 departure

Arena
programme
11.00 Granting of Honorary Freedom of the Town to 40 Commando Royal
Marines, Princess Royal Square
11.45 RAFA Band concert
12.30 Armed Forces
Day flag-raising ceremony
12.40 Weston Sea Cadet Corps TS Weston Band
marching display
13.00 290 Squadron ATC drill squad rifle and banner drill
display
13.35 Sealed Knot black powder display - Sir Henry Tillier's Regiment
of Foot will present a drill sequence and black powder demonstration
Weston Sea Cadet Corps hornpipe display
14.30 Avon Fire and Rescue
display
15.10 Band and bugles of Somerset Army Cadet Force (silver bugles)
band display
15.45 290 Squadron ATC Red Barrows display team
16.20 Weston
Sea Cadet Corps Junior Section field-gun race
17.05 Muster of
participants
17.15 Drumhead service, evening hymn and sunset

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Or drive and then end up there for the afternoon. Maybe we could lay on your bonnet and watch the planes go by?

dd5bc1ca-4933-4389-93d0-a2b8dec8efbb.jpg

Clio Trophy
Hi,

Live in Bristol and will be good to meet up with a few of you sometime. I pick up my 182 Trophy on Sunday, can't wait really. I can't promise that I will make most meets due to family commitments however will do my best. Early morning runs would be best!

Don't know if any of you go to the Avenue club bristol meet every first sunday of the month ? I go to most so will be looking to have mine on display. Sure its fairly local for everyone and always welcome to have a look around a few classics!

Anyways,

Will keep in touch with your plans!
Alan

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Hi,

Live in Bristol and will be good to meet up with a few of you sometime. I pick up my 182 Trophy on Sunday, can't wait really. I can't promise that I will make most meets due to family commitments however will do my best. Early morning runs would be best!

Don't know if any of you go to the Avenue club bristol meet every first sunday of the month ? I go to most so will be looking to have mine on display. Sure its fairly local for everyone and always welcome to have a look around a few classics!

Anyways,

Will keep in touch with your plans!
Alan

Welcome to the forum Alan! Congratulations on your up and coming Trophy ownership!

Be good to meet you at a future meet, I attend the Avenue Club when I am available. Normally a good morning out providing the weather is good. Quick shot of mine from the last meet there:

14521199084_fe69455e56.jpg
Avenue MC by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Clio Trophy
Hey Lawro,

Cheers for the welcome. Yes I think I saw yours last time, very nice and tastefully done! Went around it and you got me tempted again to look for one :) You have recaro seats in yours correct. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. Will post some pictures.

If of course you will be at the next Queens square meet, come a say hello.
Thanks
Alan Brock

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Hey Lawro,

Cheers for the welcome. Yes I think I saw yours last time, very nice and tastefully done! Went around it and you got me tempted again to look for one :) You have recaro seats in yours correct. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. Will post some pictures.

If of course you will be at the next Queens square meet, come a say hello.
Thanks
Alan Brock

Thanks, appreciate the comment. Yes, I have Retrimmed Recaro Speed SPG's in mine.

Well enjoy the collection tomorrow and looking forward to seeing it soon.

I won't be at AMC meet this month as I am over in Wales at the Brecon Beacons but I will hopefully make it down in August.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Did you go the Haynes meet Lawro? Guy at work went in a ST and said it was great. He went to cheddar after too apparently that was rammed.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Did you go the Haynes meet @Lawro? Guy at work went in a ST and said it was great. He went to cheddar after too apparently that was rammed.

Yeah mate, it was brilliant! Real high standard of cars, no s**t music or wheel spins and had a nice nosey round the museum! Hopefully they will do another one soon.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate, it was brilliant! Real high standard of cars, no s**t music or wheel spins and had a nice nosey round the museum! Hopefully they will do another one soon.

Who was it organised by? Gutted I missed it now tbh.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Who was it organised by? Gutted I missed it now tbh.

Some Facebook group called Addicted to Cars or something or other.. I will give you a shout next time mate!

We are going over the Black Mountains on the 13th July if you fancy it..