ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Gearbox Dogbone Mount Bolts

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
Hi everyone need some help here
i have tryed a lot of dogbone on the clio in order to make the engine and the sifter not moving
tried the twisted one the oem one and every one lasted me a month or two max ! and started to wobble again
then i got the solid one from ebay and the car was better than ever BUT :p
i started to shatter the gearbox side bolts im counting two now
have anyone the same issue ? and is there any solution to that or do i have to go back on the oem ones ? and have my shifter wobble
the second bolt i used was 8.8 hard bit softer than the original that was on the car but im afraid that going 12.9 high tensile will brake my gearbox and end up with bigger problems :/

[MEDIA=imgur]8U89Qlq[/MEDIA]
[ATTACH=full]1315288[/ATTACH]

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
nope both bolts were torqued at 62nm
i thing that the dogbone i have is to hard on the bolts and brakes them but !
im in the process of copying the pure motorsports rear lower mount that hooks on the gearbox with the two bolts that the are a bit far up of the bolt im braking so have to see it this is going to work ( like the kangoo 2.0 rear mount ) this one ( since i cant find it )
%7BBFF60074-AE22-45E5-9528-51BAEAFB2F1A%7D.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Surely it's either how you're fitting it, or the bolts themselves, as this seems an uncommon issue!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Never heard of this ever and I've used rose jointed solid dogbone mount before. Are the rest of your engine mounts in good condition??

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
all the other mounts are brand new and oem and i fitted them correctly
the second bolt i broke was rated 8.8 ( lower than the original ) tha's why it broke maybe ?
i could find the bracket for the mount i posted so i made my own

CIPQy0W.jpg

xqdIlWK.jpg

it seems ok for now still haven't broke any bolts

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
i also got the front lower mount from the RS models

but i cant find a photo of any rs with the mount on the car so i can see where it mounts