ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT - Can I Cancel?

Mito Sportiva 135
I signed up in February, and paid my year's line rental in advance.

I have their Broadband package paying £8.50 a month for up to 10GB downloads, however this seems to get used up in a few days as my housemate sits at home all day. The bill came in last month at £33.50 due to going over quota. I also experience constant drop out and, despite my best efforts, my NAT type on my 360 stays at strict, just can't change it.

I try to call them and their Indian call centres do my head in and just fob me off and don't give me any clear answers.

So, I'm thinking of cancelling and moving to Orange broadband as it's free.

Will I be able to cancel my BT contract as their product is not, in my opinion, fit for service and is costing me more than a Sky TV package would at the moment!

Inferno 182 CUP
i payed £34 for sky 20mb broadband, TV and phone just for reference ..

you can cancel but the way i did it was through ofcom i beleieve?

i made a complaint and a chap fro executive office at bt called me within 2 days all cancelled and refunded no fees to pay

Mito Sportiva 135
I managed to get down to £20 for unlimited BB and evening and weekend calls. Probably could be cheaper but couldn't be bothered with all the change over. Now just to sort out my NAT settings....!!!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
i payed £34 for sky 20mb broadband, TV and phone just for reference ..

you can cancel but the way i did it was through ofcom i beleieve?

i made a complaint and a chap fro executive office at bt called me within 2 days all cancelled and refunded no fees to pay

Wowzers how did you manage to get this deal?

Which tv package did you go for?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Call the customer options team on 0800 800 030 tell them you are considering leaving and that you heard of a £10 for unlimited bb offer.

then if you added tv, it costs 22.50 for unlimited bb, eve and weekend calls and the top tv package.
that's £36.10 including line rental.. sky don't come close!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
and if you are in contract you CAN NOT, cancel with no charges. Your bill is coming to more because you are going over your set limit. your fault, not BT's.