ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buffing pads

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm after a heavy cut pad.

We use autosmart in work and wondered if they are any good?.

Waiting on a Chem guys pad but it's not here until Monday, I'm impatient.

Or the likes of amazon any good?

@Daniel @Knuckles

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Menzerna white heavy cutting pad is my favourite. Far better than a yellow hexlogic . It retains its stiffness (lol) and saves loads of time of you are using a DA.

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
I'm really liking meguirs like I say
But that being said I have struggled for a while with anything softer for finishing like auto finesse or chemical guys as my da just seems to bog down except the meguirs one, Das6 pro aswell

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Got a couple of chem guys pads on route, but was after something to try now lol. Free weekend and all that

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
Honestly don't know of a great deal over that way
They are few and far between at the best of times, only shop I know of anywhere close to that is the polishing booth but that's Preston way and along way out Anywhere offer same day delivery these days?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd just wait until the chemical guys stuff come.

Or go to demon tweaks?

I've only just switched to the chemical guys pads and after the correction I got on the m3 with a da I don't think I'll be switching from them any time soon lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Go to tweaks, screwfix, Cromwell, jr websters etc. I think they all stock pads. Find something quite firm with close packed foam, should be reet really

This was what I used on the Beamer, that menz polish stays oily forever and doesn't dust like auto finesse/farecla compounds
IMG_1973.PNG

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just wait until the chemical guys stuff come.

Or go to demon tweaks?

I've only just switched to the chemical guys pads and after the correction I got on the m3 with a da I don't think I'll be switching from them any time soon lol

Yeah saw that. I used the orange pad, but fooked it, don't ask. Was doing well until that point lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Menzerna heavy cut compound is brilliant in @Knuckles post.

If you have any ECP near you they sell the meguiars heavy foam pads

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna ring the rep tomo

Right the pad. Was doing the roof, forgot my tape so thought I know put a drying cloth there, will be careful. Mmm.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Will give them a buzz when I get to work mate

Had a quick mooch online, couldn't see much.

dan's cast offs.
don't think they have much at all online. can't remember the guys name but he's decent, him and his son run it.