ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper colour coding

S

SoundWave

Hi guys,

Id like to get my bumpers, side bits and door handles colour coded. Has anyone done this and can give advice?

Do you need any special paint or primer because the black plastic is not completely smooth and I dont know if the paint will take to it well. Ive also heard metallic paint can be hard to spray. Would a paint shop take the parts in question off the car or can they do it on?

Im also interested in K-Tecs Utopia body kit so I guess it would make sense to get it all painted at once...? Has anyone fitted this?

Heres a current pic.
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=cs_dscf1201.jpg

Cheers,
Andy

Renaultsport Clio 182

Hi Andy

I got mine colour coded and it is well worth it!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=cs_cc3.jpg

I got the smooth side strips off the 172 to make the finish better! because like you said the plastic is not smooth.

If you are gonna do youself you have to smooth all the plastics down for the paint and you need primers and stuff to make it stick

i would not recommend doing yourself!!

Chris

S

SoundWave

Hi Chris,

Yeh it looks great.

How easy are the side strips to remove? They dont seem to be held on too firmly but I didnt want to snap them! Hadnt thought of getting 172 ones.

The bumpers might be more tricky!

Renaultsport Clio 182

Well mine side strips just slid off, I was the same as you didnt want to break them so i was shown how

What you need to do is

Open the door

get you fingers between the strip and the bodywork and slide the strip along

Now the one on the doors slides towards the backof the car!

The one at the back slides to the front of the car!

The strips are not that east to break, they are quite strong!!

The bumpers aint got a clue, got mine done by a mate!

Chris

Youll get the option of just spraying just the plastic bits or the whole front bumper/backbumber. Bodyshop advised me to do all front and back bumper-only costing £30 more

I have all my car colour coded and it looks soooooooooooo much better !

It cost me 200 ! Which included, front bumper, back bumper, side strips oh and also my wing as i split it... Opps... ! :oops:

But now it all looks mint ! :D

S

SoundWave

Did you guys need to get the plastic smoothed or could they just spray it as it is?