ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Go-Karting Meet

Megane 225 F1
Re: Burpspeed Go-Karting Meet - PAYMENT IN CASH ONLY ON THE DAY!!

Had an awesome day. We sucked(apart from Ben who kicked ass)....but didn't come last :cool:

Luke, it wasn't til I was in the car that I remembered the code reader thing :( Cheers anyway buddy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

All down to pit wall tactics.I'm rubbish at karting.

Can you explain your tactics? We were talking about it on the way home but nobody watched closely enough to understand what you were doing.

182cup & 172 racecar

What was the matter with puke boy then?Good to see you Dan.

If I tell you,I'll have to kill you,nobody wants that,do they?

lol we just made it up as we went along!

We did a very early first pit, first lap infact, then just watched the traffic in front to get clear air.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

What was the matter with puke boy then?Good to see you Dan.

Always a pleasure seeing you Tony, you know that.

He went out on the piss last night. Infact two of them did. I had to wake them up this morning as I was sat in my van waiting and they were still hitting the snooze button!

nope intended. Although I did lose a place as the lights changed quicker than I anticipated!

182cup & 172 racecar

Dan was pressing the snooze button on the start line.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Tom has just dropped me home. Nice not having to drive all that way! We all said what a cracking day it was and we were dead chuffed with 3rd.....even if 2nd was on at one point ;).

Look forward to the next one!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Good day out guys! Nicely put together, We need to head to the local circuit next time where this limp mode shite doesn't happen for every little love bump ;)

182cup & 172 racecar

Limp mode for limp wrists irc.Nothing wrong with that,I thought they were quite good,enduro was the way to go,imagine trying to pass someone on that track in a short race.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Limp mode for limp wrists irc.Nothing wrong with that,I thought they were quite good,enduro was the way to go,imagine trying to pass someone on that track in a short race.

I quite liked the challenge of passing on that track....not easy though...especially when you have a one of the Bristol team trying to push you into the tyres everytime you showed him a nose...;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I quite liked the challenge of passing on that track....not easy though...especially when you have a one of the Bristol team trying to push you into the tyres everytime you showed him a nose...;)

No idea what you're talking about.....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Must confess, I wasnt the biggest fan of the cut out thing.. Bit soft ;-)

Anyway I digress...

Thanks a lot to those who did all the organising, really enjoyed the whole day, as did everyone else I'm sure.

Good to meet some new faces and see some people I haven't seen in a while. Also to put some names I've spoken to a lot, to faces.

172 Race Car

I only got limp mode when it was red flag. Bunch of animals playing bumper cars I reckon :rasp:

Clio
Thanks to Stu for organising it all, ran like clockwork! I've never been so excited about coming one from last either! I think ben caught your team with about a minute to go! He was epic today.

Karting looks alot easier than it actually is!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
So who did actually win then? Wish we'd stayed to see you all do a few laps, but nevermind. Maybe next time we'll come along! Though isn't karting suppost to be quite punishing? Especially by the sounds of how you lot drove lol

ITB'd MK1
Burpspeed won it. Pulled out a pretty big lead due to a quite frankly genius pit strategy of not actually changing drivers when they did their pit stops.

ITB'd MK1
come in, stop for 3 seconds, go. Faster than someone climbing in and out of a cart, saved themselves about 10 seconds each time, and i think they did it 3 times

Megane 225 F1
I think I'm with you. Clever f*****s.

I had a whale of a time out there. I sucked, but sliding round the corners was fun :cool:

172 Race Car
come in, stop for 3 seconds, go. Faster than someone climbing in and out of a cart, saved themselves about 10 seconds each time, and i think they did it 3 times
Lol, I see what you did there now. So that means we made up 30 seconds, EXACTLY the amount of time you were behind at the finish.

As said i was the only one to come in, stop for 3 seconds and go back out. ONCE. im sure its not going to save 10 seconds, were you stopping for a chat whiile changing drivers. Christ, we can do a stop in the Clio in less than 18 seconds and thats with doors, belts and switching it off.

Its all about the overall race time, we were not actually that fast (Dave was the quick one)

Clio

lol, I'm blaming Vicky then! We had to take her seat out, adjust the seat and adjust the pedals! I reckon that cost us 10 laps and 18 seconds!

ITB'd MK1
Lol, I see what you did there now. So that means we made up 30 seconds, EXACTLY the amount of time you were behind at the finish.

As said i was the only one to come in, stop for 3 seconds and go back out. ONCE. im sure its not going to save 10 seconds, were you stopping for a chat whiile changing drivers. Christ, we can do a stop in the Clio in less than 18 seconds and thats with doors, belts and switching it off

lol, ;) loves the banter. You did something right either way.

2nd is the new 1st anyway

Megane 225 F1
LOL I was just about to write that. AND we had the disadvantage of not having professional racing shoes.