ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iphone handset

Mito Sportiva 135
I've just switched to a sim only contract with EE and currently have a 16bg iPhone 6, which is kind of OK except the screen is a bit messed up (not cracked but pixelated over part of the screen)

If I sell it, is the iPhone SE worth considering or should I wait for the next iPhone? The iPhone 7 doesn't really seem much better than what I have now.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
From what I've been told it's worth it just for the battery life. Plus if you order direct with Apple don't think give the option to upgrading after 12 months?

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh I hadn't considered that. I found I can sell my current phone for £100 (or £200 if I fix the screen) and the new SE 64 GB is £300 which seems like a pretty good deal. I'll have a look on the Apple store although quite a few on eBay which could be worth considering?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I may have an iPhone 6 64GB for sale soon, with a brand new screen (& receipt for it) fitted yesterday.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I've got a 6 mate I was just considering the SE for the better battery and faster CPU
Ah sorry - thought you were changing because your 6 was knackered. The SE is the same size as the 5 isn't it but with the power of the 6S?

Mito Sportiva 135
That's correct - looks quite nice, I personally don't think the 7 is worth the upgrade so this could be a nice stopgap

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
That's correct - looks quite nice, I personally don't think the 7 is worth the upgrade so this could be a nice stopgap
8 will be out next year too (more than likely) and it'll be Apples 10 year anniversary of the iPhones.. I think?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah - so don't want to spend a fortune right now. TBH my 6 is OK as it is so might just keep it then upgrade to an 8 next year.

Currently costing me £20 a month for 16gb of data and all my calls and texts which is pretty good.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Yeah - so don't want to spend a fortune right now. TBH my 6 is OK as it is so might just keep it then upgrade to an 8 next year.

Currently costing me £20 a month for 16gb of data and all my calls and texts which is pretty good.

Having just gone from a 6 to a 7, I can safely say it's definitely worth while and a very noticeable upgrade. 6S to 7 might be a different story however.

Mito Sportiva 135
I think the SE is the same as the 6S - I'm on a 6 so might feel like more of a jump. I heard the different between 6S and 7 didn't feel like such a leap...I'll have a sleep on it I think!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Just remember the SE is smaller than the 6.

Do you really want to go backwards in screen size?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IMG_7547.JPG
back wards in terms of screen size?

You in 10 years?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
In what ways? I'm holding out from my 6 until the next one.

I went for a Plus this time round.

Speed, battery life, the instant Touch ID, 3D Touch.

Plenty of upgrades over the iPhone 6 IMO, that's without even looking at the camera improvements.