ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cam belt

172 sport
hi all dont know if this is in the right section hopefully if not someone will direct me when does the cam belt ect need to be changed in a clio 172 or the belts on a 182 as heard diffrent things from diff places
cheers all

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
little box in the right hand corner will tell you if you ask it :p

cambelt is 72k or every 5 years whatever comes first
aux belt is 36k or every 3 years, the same which ever you get to first

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
hi all dont know if this is in the right section hopefully if not someone will direct me when does the cam belt ect need to be changed in a clio 172 or the belts on a 182 as heard diffrent things from diff places
cheers all

Where are you based mate ?

172 sport
down in s wales mate u anothe stupid question whats the diff between the aux and cambelt mate? and which little red box are you on about lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
He's implying that you should search as it's asked approximatly every hour on here.

Have you got one already or are you looking to buy one ? If it's the former, RTFM. If not, search on here before you ask questions ;)

Post 2 has the correct answers above anyway.

A ANIMAL
about as much as i do with brain sugery mate lol

ok well, the cam belt is probably the single most important maintanence item on your car, the AUX belt is probably the 2nd most as if it goes, it can take the cam belt with it.

Have a search on here google mate, but get it done asap

172 sport
it sure is mate cars are bloody complex if u ask me

this forum has plenty of advice which is great many helpful members on here which is a great help to a person who knows nothing about cars

Timing belt every 72k miles or five years which ever comes first.

Aux belt kit every 36k

What to change ideally is:

Full timing belt kit
core plugs
auxbelt kit
dephaser pulley if need be due to lack of service intervals or noise
cam seal kit
crank pulley bolt
oil + filter

And most of all someone who has knowledge of the f4r engine and has all three locking tools.

172 sport
thanks guys anything to do with the chnages on engines ect im useless but thats what forums are here for if you dont ask you don't know lol