ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i use white spirit insted of panel wipe?

Quick Question:

Having wetflated down primer, is a wipe over with white spirit going to be alright before painting? Will it affect the paint adhesion? I'm out of panel wipe :(

cheers

Punto/Clio GTT
ive never tried it, personally id use some warm soapy water, give it a really good dry, then tak rag it over

Sounds like a better idea. I fear there may be an element of oil in white spirit so i'll go with that and tak rag it thoroughly. thanks

ibiza cupra
what primer did you use if it is aerosol then i wouldnt use white spirits as it might take all the primer off and like you sa i think it contains oils. again i would use soapy water but it will only clean off water based stains but not solvent based stains and silicons which will give you no end of troubles so you would need to use a solvent based cleaner too. the tac rag is a must as well.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
yeah you can use white spirit its better at gettin the oil of than panelwipe is , but panel wipe ismorefriendly to your primers etc

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
or try nail varnish remover, sounds daft, but works and doest affect paint in anyway. Turps/white spirit leavs a small residue