ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cancelled! See south west area day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
This is going to be a ClioSport.net national event with a twist! :)

The CS area reps (that are still active) have come together with the idea that EVERY AREA will hold a meet on the same day at the end of the season.

The main aim for this is to allow the people that could not attend the larger events this year for whatever reason to attend and hopefully these events will be closer to 99% of member's homes than the other large events. :)

As the south west seems to have lost its active area reps in the north of the area I am looking for someone or a few people to step forward and sort the event out, I would say it needs to be someone from the exeter area or above though.

Preferably it would be someone or a few people who is very active on the forum and has time to be able to put in the graft to make this a success.

As this is going to be a national event all the pictures and write ups from every area will be coming together into one CS Areas Day 14 thread also :)

Any questions then fire me a PM

Cheers

Dan :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Re: CS Areas Day 14 (SOUTH WEST "north") 21.09.14

There are tonnes of people from above Exeter so why has no one event posted in this thread with any ideas yet?

Clio 172 turbo
CS Areas Day 14 (SOUTH WEST "north") 21.09.14

Just seen this. Scrap that just seen it says September I think we have a lot of things planned for September but I'll see what I can do and I'll post some info on here.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

September is my busiest month at work, my daughter starts school and my son will be starting Juniors. Oh, and i'll have a 2 week old baby by then too.

So i'm out.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

I was expecting the Northern one to be a bit more Northern. Somerset, Dorset etc, rather than Devon and Cornwall which I thought was South South West.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

I was expecting the Northern one to be a bit more Northern. Somerset, Dorset etc, rather than Devon and Cornwall which I thought was South South West.

Well I just sorta said above Exeter which I thought incorporated them areas of the south west with going into exact places

banther

ClioSport Club Member

Dan, what are your initial thoughts?

What sort of event does this need to be? All sit around gawping at Clio's or can we do something else? Hog Roast somewhere? Meet and drive?

What are you leaning towards?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Dan, what are your initial thoughts?

What sort of event does this need to be? All sit around gawping at Clio's or can we do something else? Hog Roast somewhere? Meet and drive?

What are you leaning towards?

we I am going through the process with PMS about potential jump in with an open day with them but I need to speak to them again soon, ATM we have 4 people and the north have one lol the bham lot are onto 15 people already lol

thinking some st eval karting with so coastal photos if PMS comes to nothing??

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I think you will have more take up if it was a decent drive out followed by some sort of pub lunch/hog roast personally..

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Ye I'm thinking a costal route with a few stop offs for photos along the way as a drive out either before something or after it, it would be to show off some off the scenery we have have on offer more than anything :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Anyone know what it costs to rent Westonzoyland air field for the day?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

It's pretty poor now tbh. I don't think it's worth it.

Is there not a good part of it? :( or event a part that we could clean up if we turned up early?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

what would the SW north lot think about joining up with the SW south lot if we had another RR day at Tipton garage and then some food afterwards?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

That sounds good.

Thats a no go im afraid, non of the places I called will run a RR day on a sunday due to sound restrictions :(

it looks like the SW south will be doing a bodmin meet with some food and potentially some karting.

Any further ideas for the north meet?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

ahh right not planning a drive out? i know everyone always asks about cheddar valley thats up your way isnt it?

Clio 172 Cup

Preferably Cheddar or Bristol or such. I would not be happy with driving several hours down to Cornwall because, for example, the Central South meet idea is only 1.5 hours away

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I still think a rip over cheddar and then go to the pub for a beer and a dirty burger!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Preferably Cheddar or Bristol or such. I would not be happy with driving several hours down to Cornwall because, for example, the Central South meet idea is only 1.5 hours away

That's the SW South meet, the SW North meet is this one.

Be nice to have a meet up your way for once, it seems to be very Exeter-or-nothing in the SW really.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Ye it would good to see some amazing photos from both southwest meets to show off what the south west has to offer in terms of driving areas :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Have you confirmed the plan yet then banther as I would like a new thread with the details of the meet to go up only for the numbers attending to listed on it.

chat can stay in here for it.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

banther have you given up on this as it's coming up next weekend lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Lol I thought you had taken this one on the way you was talking at the start haha.

If there was something organised for Bristol I would be interested.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

If there was something organised for Bristol I would be interested.

It's looking likely the south west will have to loose this north meet so we can try and get numbers to the Bodmin meet.

When the new area rep system is setup hopefully it will solve these problems but that is a few weeks away.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Right so this north meet is not happening but the south meet will be, i know it's a long way from parts of this area but please try and come along to this meet as it's being covered by PFC!

Status
Not open for further replies.