ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 570is and Fuji s5700

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Just got me a s5700 from Fuji, previouly owned the s5500 and s5600. They are excellent value for money and if you learn how to use it, they will give very good results.
You have to say to yourself it only cost £140, so you cannot expect the same results as a £200+ piece of kit, but to mr average (me) they are more than good enough and i'm very happy with the results.

^^ cheers matey, the 10x zoom does sound good, but the 570is has such great reviews and the s5700 has average reviews! S5700 is cheaper though! How are images coming out on full zoom? are you having many issues with camera shake?

A red missile
I'd have a good trial of the canon first before you part with the cash if you go for that one. Read an article on DP Review where they were slating camera manufacturers for saying things like 'this is an image stabilising camera' when in truth its not, they just use high ISO's to get the exposures quick enough to eliminate blurring. Thats fine in theory but it can start to introduce noise into pics and that can look as bad as blur (IMHO). I kind of smelled a rat with the price, L series image stabalising lenses cost a fortune for an SLR so how they can put the same thing into a compact for a couple of hundred quid is a mystery. My advice would be to tread carefully with the Canon and give it a good test first.

^^ cheers! think i might go with the Fuji - sold my ixus to get an SLR but funds have now somewhat been depleted! The 570is has only 4x zoom so I think i might go for the bargain basement s5700!

Pop into a camera shop mate, I find how you feel holding the camera has a lot to do with it, give a try and see what you think :)

Had a play with both - now got to decide! s5700 is quite compact ofr what it is - and the 10x zoom was great! A570 was half the size and the 4x zoom was good, but i really did like the full 10x!!!

Image stablizer on the Canon was really good, worked well indoors. The s5700 did struggle indoors without flash, but then again.... most of my shots are taken outside!

So just going to read some more reviews and decide from there lol!

A silver one
Did you ever decide on which camera to go for?

I only ask as the s5700 is now on Play.com for £124.99 and I'm interested in how it performs.