ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car smashed up, greatt!

Some advice needed please,

After buying a clio 172, only 7 weeks ago, I parked it up friday night, only to find saturday morning, someone had drove in to the back of it. Theyd also took the back of my girlfriends car. Great.

There was a trail of oil going from the cars up the road so i followed it for about a mile until it stopped. Knocked on a few doors near the end of the trail, and it turned out that the car had been abandoned and the police had recovered it that morning.

Phoned the police, who turn up 4 hours later. 1 officer comes round who was extremely unhelpful and to be honest blatantly rude. No sympathy. In fact she made me feel guilty for taking up her time.

Told her about the witnesses, but she didnt seem intrested, said I should interview them. and let her know what they say!

She left, and Scene of crime officers turned up and told me they had the car that had smashed in to mine. I have heard nothing since, phoned up twice. asking for the pc who i dealt with yest,apparently no way of getting in contact.

Managed to speak to someone else, who said they have seized the car, and it was full of cans of lager. But no one was arrested. A HNC? was carried out on the car and it has apparently come up unregistered? How this is possible I dont know?

What do I do, my insurance ccompany has took away my car, for it to be assessed. Hopefully it will be a write off. If not I am going to be given back a car which is worth thousands less than it was, and as i have lost my no claims so I cant afford to insure it anymore so and im going to have to sell it.

IF they catch the person who was driving the car, and they turn out to be uninsured? can I claim from the MIB,

All a bit confused and shocked by the whole thing, any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

If they do write it off how do I go about getting a decent pay out? as it took me 6 months to find a good one.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for length of post. Have got some pictures if someone will host them. Any assessors in the house? who could give me some idea if it is wrote off or not?

[Edited by thomo52 on 22 May 2005 at 7:38pm]

silver valver/hybrid

thats an absolute sh*tter mate! cant believe some people! insurance companies nearly always give first offers that are quite low, trawl through autotrader and try and find fairly pricey examples that are very similar condition mileage etc to yours to show them. http://www.photobucket.comwww.photobucket.com is best place at the mo to host pictures. hope u get it all sorted soon as poss!

Nissan Jewk

:eek:

Like derv says ^^^, when I smashed my motorbike up, they asked what the value was, I said Id seen the same bike, same mileage in autotrader, went for £x amount (i bumped it up a touch), and they gave me that amount! Result!

Thanks for the replies guys, absoloutely gutted. Hopefully it will sort itself out in the end. Just hope its been written off, and I can go car shopping again...

Cheers