ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car trouble

none :(

when starting my car and pulling away it seems to be quicker than normal ( or at least so i think )

anyway i have now found that i cant stall my car at all no matter how hard i try i find i can move the clutch up on a perfectly straight road and give it very little gas and it still builds up speeds (well around 7 - 10 mph)

why is this

Im not that clued up on Renaults mate, someone will be along soon Im sure.

It sounds like when you remove your foot from the accelerator and have it in neutral (out of gear) the revs are higher than normal. Thus when you pull away, you dont need to touch the accelerator because the revs are already high enough not to stall.

I dont know if these cars have an idle control valve, or some such device, but this is what it sounds like. Nothing expensive really, just may need adjusting or cleaning.

most cars will run if the clutch is released slowly and just trundle along , do you have a rev counter fitted ? , most cars run at app700= 750 r.p.m , the clio is fitted with single point injection and the idle speed is controled by electronics if its faulty the car idles at about 2000 r.p.m and you would hear it quite clearly , if you think its idling very high take it back to the garage that serviced it and ask them to take a look at it .

brian