ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
Hi.

My car failed to start this morning. The engine management light is on and the oil light is on. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks

clio 172 cup
Does the engine turn over mate?

If there is nothing at all, no starter turning or anything, undo the negative battery lead where it connects to the body and clean up the contact.

Mine did this and an auto electrician found it in 20 seconds.
So if thats what it is.. that'll be £45 please!

:D
Daz

Check the cables to the starter motor (front of the engine) The earth once came lose on my old car.

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
It makes a sound as if it is trying to start but nothing else. If i push the accelerater pedal nothing happens, no revs or anything.

BMW M135i
If the engine management warning light is on has the anti tamper cover on the ecu rubbed through the loom? Do a search for details, I wouldn't be surpised it that was it.

BMW M135i
Depends on the extent of the damage really, new engine loom is a few hundred if its that bad. Be more plus labour if you can't do it yourself.

BMW M135i
Thats OBD fault light so yes, is the electric fault warning light on in the middle of the dials? If it isn't it might not be the loom as they tends to come on with it.

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
no its just the OBD fault light light and the battery light is the only light on in the middle area. sometimes the oil light comes on in the middle aswell

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
Ok. Its going to the garage tomorrow so hopefully they will be able to sort it. Just wondering how much its gonna cost me!

BMW M135i
Couldn't say anything until they at least find out what the fault code is, may be something much deeper than that.

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
Car is sorted now, it was the camshaft sensor. It has been replaced. COst £100 including having car picked up and brought back. Not sure if thats a good price or not.

Thanks 4 everyones help