ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe Action Day - Saturday 8th September

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I agree and each session should have a sighting lap as well.

Oh god no please not that, I get fed up enough of having to sit through the same tedious briefing again and again, let alone waste the first 2 minutes on track doing 60mph as well!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh god no please not that, I get fed up enough of having to sit through the same tedious briefing again and again, let alone waste the first 2 minutes on track doing 60mph as well!

Yes, sighting laps are boring but some are going out having never driven the circuit before. Last year I was first car out in a session having never driven a lap of Castle Combe. It could help stop so many people crashing.

Cooksport Fleet
That crash today at camp was really bad (in the fiat). They were lucky to get out of that unscathed!

Good day though!

big boost cup
Really good day today apart from my strange misfire. Avon Rise is a strange corner but epic fun

Where are the pics?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What a belter. He was going way way too fast!!

I'd be fcuking livid if I was that passenger.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Atleast that speed i'd have thought.

Doubt it would have been much over that given the car, second chicane is only about a 50mph is corner in that car I would think, and its not going to pile on masses of speed by camp, wonder if it was driver error or terrible brake fade
Looked like the brake lights were on for quite a while, so did appear he had tried for the brakes.

RS 172 Cup
Doubt it would have been much over that given the car, second chicane is only about a 50mph is corner in that car I would think, and its not going to pile on masses of speed by camp, wonder if it was driver error or terrible brake fade
Looked like the brake lights were on for quite a while, so did appear he had tried for the brakes.

It was a 20v turbo I think, and i've no idea what speed I was turning into camp at today, but last year in a 2.0 8v seat toledo (that I really didn't care about, and bought with a mate to purely abuse around combe), I was turning into camp flat out in 4th without braking, and that was 90mph indicated speed (so about 80mph true I guess).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It was a 20v turbo I think, and i've no idea what speed I was turning into camp at today, but last year in a 2.0 8v seat toledo (that I really didn't care about, and bought with a mate to purely abuse around combe), I was turning into camp flat out in 4th without braking, and that was 90mph indicated speed (so about 80mph true I guess).

Sounds about right to me mate, 80 is typically about the most that you'll get through camp at in most normal road cars.

big boost cup
I'm sure I heard someone say she was driving.... but whether that is true or not is a different story.

The bloke driving it was stood in front of my car while i was waiting for them to clean up the mess. it was him driving but he seemed fine no blood etc.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
highly doubt it was brake fade as that was only about the 2nd lap.. my mate was in the yellow coupe pootling round on the same session. you can see it happen from a distance in his car.

anyone get videos of me loosing in at bobbies? 2 laps in a row oops

Was a great day and I have an amazingly red face. Waiting to download my pics at the moment as I had a family barbecue at home when I got there. Nice to be informed of these things lol. I took 351 pics Paul!!! and binned loads of them for poor quality. Will start a couple of threads later.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Err should say that's definitly not made by me, check out Stephen Brooks