ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat Mod

Alfa GTA
any where in the West Midlands that do this mod on a 182 Cat? Just taken the decat off mine and I hear the 182 cat is a 200 cell from factory is that right?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea stock cat is/was a pretty good flowing cat, aftermarket ones aren't so great.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Any decent exhaust place should be able to do it for you no probs.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Assuming this is opening up the bottleneck at the back? I think Pure Motorsport do it.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I assumed it was just getting rid of the olive joint and sleeving it?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea but you can also open the bore out at the same time, if you have the exhaust for it.

ktecp310_f.jpg

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've a kind of hissing noise under throttle, like a slight blowing sound. You can mainly hear it when driving down a street that has buildings either side, it's really annoying and makes the engine sound rough. Is it the restriction in the standard cat that causes the sound, and would this modification alleviate this noise?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
There is Carl who owns D7R Fabrication, he's a favourite for the MK4 Clios with the work he does. He is on Facebook as 'D7R Fabrication' based in Telford.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
There is Carl who owns D7R Fabrication, he's a favourite for the MK4 Clios with the work he does. He is on Facebook as 'D7R Fabrication' based in Telford.
Thanks Don but it doesn't really answer my question lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Thanks Don but it doesn't really answer my question lol
Which vehicle do you have? If 172/182 it could be the exhaust fitting kit. When you accelerate, it leave a small amount where air can get out. If you look underneath, check the springs on either side are intact.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Which vehicle do you have? If 172/182 it could be the exhaust fitting kit. When you accelerate, it leave a small amount where air can get out. If you look underneath, check the springs on either side are intact.

Thanks very much for this bud, I'll definitely buy this when I get the cat mod done as it should help too. Thank you. [emoji106]

Reactions: Don