ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAT refitted...Emissions light still on??

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Hi guys,

Done a search but to no avail...

I fitted a yozza sport decat to my 182 a while back which obviously caused my emissions light to come on.

Today I refitted the cat as my mot is on tuesday.

The emissions light is still on!:S

My question is...should the light go out itself or do i have to go to renault to get it turned off?

Just checking as if the light should go off I fear one of my lambda sensors is knackered.

Tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it to see if that would reset anything but no luck.

Cheers in advance,

Dave

RS mk2 172
It should go off itself without resetting if emission levels are within limits. Sounds like a dodgy lambda.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Ok so conflicting views so far lol.

Just don't want to go buy a lambda sensor or get renault to turn light off if I don't need to :S

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Ok cheers mate, looks like it could be that then.

Are both Lambda's the same part or do they differ in some way?

+ is there a way of telling which sensor is faulty or is it trial and error?

edit: sorry if i'm being thick...is GSF German Swedish French?

CX-7,westfield,ix20
It will be the upstream one and they are different.

You my friend are a star!

Will take the car for a proper drive tonight to see if for some magical reason the light decides to go off.

If not...got to try and get a lambda sensor and fit it by tuesday :S

BMW M135i
I'll bet its not the lambda, it'd be running rough if it was the upstream one. Downstream possibly, I'd want it reset first if it comes back then its the lambda.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Runs fine tbh (bar the usual for a few mins after a cold start)

Do most garages have the ability to reset it or what?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Some reset themselves, some dont! reset it before you try anything!! Any semi decent garage can do it!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Its the cheapest option first mate!! If you were more local i could of popped it out for you!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Random question, how longs it take for the light to come on? I've done about 500 miles with it on.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Its the cheapest option first mate!! If you were more local i could of popped it out for you!!

Cheers mate - appreciatethe offer anyway :)

I'm sure the boy that fitted my bluetooth kit through work would have the kit to do it as they deal in all sorts of hi tech stuff. Shall speak nicely to him on monday.

As a side note...forgot how much louder the decat made the car. Or should i say...how much quieter it is with cat on :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I had exactly the same issue with my 182. Took about a week for the light to go off, but it did. I was told that I'd need to have the fault code cleared when I put my recaro's in and the airbag light came on, put the resistors in last week and the light went straight off.

Clio 182, Mercedes S320CD
To reset the light. Disconnect your battery for about 30 mins. This should be your first option before you go and take it on the computer as this is one of the first things they do at Renault whilst waiting to go on the computer if they are busy.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Update folks...

Disconnecting battery hasn't worked (tried twice) as the light is still on.

Went in for my mot anyway and apparently not a fail with the light on if emissions are ok.

Flew through mot only requiring a rear number plate light (must've blown on the way there as I checked my lights one last time at home) Can't complain since that was all that was wrong with it though :D

Mondeo TDCI 130
I had exactly the same issue with my 182. Took about a week for the light to go off, but it did. I was told that I'd need to have the fault code cleared when I put my recaro's in and the airbag light came on, put the resistors in last week and the light went straight off.

Airbag searches for resistance every time you turn the ignition on, so sorts itself out if the fault is cleared / bypassed!

To reset the light. Disconnect your battery for about 30 mins. This should be your first option before you go and take it on the computer as this is one of the first things they do at Renault whilst waiting to go on the computer if they are busy.

Renault won't disconnect the battery! Radio codes and everything will be lost, Customers moan like fook when you lose there stations!

Update folks...

Disconnecting battery hasn't worked (tried twice) as the light is still on.

Went in for my mot anyway and apparently not a fail with the light on if emissions are ok.

Flew through mot only requiring a rear number plate light (must've blown on the way there as I checked my lights one last time at home) Can't complain since that was all that was wrong with it though :D

Will just need a clear on a code reader! Will be sorted then!:)

Shhh
Bumpio, i have one of these after having the cat replaced on the weekend.

Wondering if to call our the AA, wonder if they can clear the faults on the ECU