ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed steering wheel now ESP & Service Light on

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Hi Everyone,

I'm really stuck with this and I really hope somebody on here might be able to help me!!!

I've fitted a new aftermarket Momo steering wheel and Momo 'airbag' boss to my Trophy, while I have managed to turn the airbag light off using a couple of resistors which was dead easy! Now I have the ESP and Traction Control Indicator Light/Service Light coming on. It only comes on when the car is driven and will only go off when the car is stationary and the ignition has been turned off and on again.

Has anybody who has fitted a different steering wheel had the same thing or does anyone know how I can get this to turn off and not come on again??? Any info would be really appreciated as I'm really stumped!!

Thanks,

Patrick

53 Clio's & counting
It could be the wiring under your seat mate, mine's done it and my other half's 05plate 182, wiggle the wires i bet they go out

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
It could be the wiring under your seat mate, mine's done it and my other half's 05plate 182, wiggle the wires i bet they go out

Cheers for the reply mate, I've heard what wiggling the wires under the seat can make the airbag light go out but not the ESP and Traction Control Indicator Light.

Also worth mentioning that I never had this problem with the original steering wheel and I'm 99.9% sure it has something to do with me changing the wheel!!

Megane dci 130
Thats the airbag light russ is on about, you will have thrown out the steering wheel angle sensor. Best get it down to renault so they can re initialise it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
You ever get this fixed mate? :)

I've had coilovers fitted this week and my steering wheel is sitting at 11'o clock when going on a flat straight

Lights came on today and I thought what the hell is it now :S

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Yes I did get this fixed thanks - I had to get a new steering wheel angle sensor for £100 plus as I damaged mine when fitting the new wheel.

I don't think the problem you are describing is the same as I had (unless your light is on). Sounds like you need to get someone to look at the steering so they can reset the steering wheel in the correct position.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah, need the tracking done soon anyway, can't wait then I can get it out for a better run :)