ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap 10.1" Carplay Headunits (eBay etc) - Non Clio

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Non- Clio content! Obviously not putting a 10.1" screen in my track car :ROFLMAO:

Getting a new daily shortly, and I'm looking into a decent head unit. I mainly listen to podcasts & metal music when driving to work, so I don't need crushing bass etc, and the car has a seemingly decent sound system from the factory.

As a way of getting CarPlay, would I be making a mistake with one of these and a car specific single DIN adaptor fascia:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234972135630?hash=item36b56e40ce:g:FaEAAOSw7hNixAq9&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwP8IzqHfx4XC/S+VXHRN/opVJvhuBAGc9eRuT9nYjYq1RBEiCWeqg3k9Al8esjmHpmam71BX/c9wn4H/280TDp6dDEgEFTLzhVKnGbQYIWzd8ufWEQab8s6/i3CE9xLmrZ3xzk7j/90SJUTumbr0BRW+zp+fQ5rzY5+3wPZU5t5LK/aNcrhhw9HK9Lzmgcf7JnXyAsCObL+csZHTFz1g53S362OZqPSiGg0nGqSUR0UgaZYPFnl06l1nIkWMSTZW5A==|tkp:Bk9SR879spXBYg

Granted it will stick out of the dash like a bulldog's b****cks, and potentially slightly block the air vents, but fitting quirks notwithstanding, its basically a 10" tablet running on 12v isn't it?
I've never been into car audio etc, is there anything wrong with these? Are you guys in the know looking at this and thinking "Dear god no"

I don't want to spend £400 if I don't need to. There's cheaper out there but the chrome effect edge trim matches the car's dashboard.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If you want it for Car Play, I wouldn't buy a cheap Chinese, Android unit. Can't imagine that part would work particularly smoothly.

There's cheap enough units from Kenwood, Sony, JVC etc. Would expect the Car Play on those units works as intended.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I recently got one from AliExpress, was looking at them for years so bit the bullet, don’t regret it being honest. It’s got quirky bugs and it’s not perfect but does what it’s supposed to.

IMG_3118.jpeg

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Opposing views!
One of the reasons I was looking at the cheap ones was the larger screens. A lot of the branded ones just do a 6.8 double DIN size screen whereas the cheap ones have up to a 10.1 screen and look more modern.

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpeg
    IMG_1378.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1379.jpeg
    IMG_1379.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 46

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Okay I've done more research. You are both correct. Some are great, some are gash.
Basically you want more than 2gb of RAM apparently, and the brands T'Eyes, Xtrons & Joying are decent brands with good customer service.
Unfortunately those ones are up in the £250 or so category, so I need to research more!